Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bastrop

Comment

About 15 minutes from Wimberley in Driftwood is Hays City Store. Arguably the best bar and grill in the hill country. The outdoor beer garden will be set up for the bad weather. Get the cfs.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 01-18-2022, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Wildcatter Ranch by Graham/PK

Comment

We are looking at doing a trip to Boerne soon.

Comment

Kevin Fowler has a restaurant in Wimberly called Creekside. Make reservations if you go it fills up fast. As mentioned above the Hays City Store has good food and cold beer. There are a couple of places to eat right on the river also.

You can run over to Gruene from Wimberly and hit Gruene Hall for music, eat at the Gristmill, Mozies and there is another one on the side strett that is pretty good, but cant remember the name.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
              Check out Wimberly, TX

Seems to fit the bill for what you’re looking for
              and, right down the road is Old Town Gruene...and New Braunfels..

Originally settled over a century ago, Gruene is a snapshot of Texas culture and history come-to-life. The ideal balance of preservation and progress, Gruene Historic District is a Texas travel industry darling for good reason.

The official source for fun, culture, and more in New Braunfels. Discover exciting activities, iconic attractions, outdoor adventures, and live music here!

Dont forget River Road along the Guadalupe...

Comment

We did the Waco thing for our anniversary last year, found some cool antique “junk” shops just outside of town proper. Stayed in our camper on Lake Waco. First year we didn’t go on a fishing trip. That being said, we’re going fishing in Florida this year!!

Comment

Someone mentioned Glen Rose earlier. It's a small town near our ranch. I think yall would get bored pretty quick. Worth checking out if you have time.

Look into Granbury. Its 30 min from Glen Rose. Its within your drive time window.

My hunting buds wives went for the first time two years ago for a funeral and since have made it a ladies annual trip.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                    Boerne definitely had not lost its small town feel but there's plenty do there.

Like many small, tourist towns (F-berg, Wimberley, Gruen), Boerne has revitalized its historic downtown, and their Main Street district is a great place to go if you like to "stroll, shop, and sip." Their downtown district has plenty of shops (a little higher-end than the schlocky souvenir shops one normally encounters in small towns trying to capitalize on tourism), great restaurants, some very good art galleries (that do not price their art by erudition), and several wineries and breweries as well.

As far as other activities go:
                    I highly recommend going to the Cave without a Name. I took my girls there about 15 years ago and had a blast. Sitting on privately owned land, the Cw/oN is almost pristine with very few improvements. In fact, as I recall, we had to enter the Cave by climbing down a sink hole! This experience brought me as close to "spelunking" as I'll ever get, and it was a blast!

There are a number of improved hiking trails in Boerne. Nothing too strenuous but you feel very relaxed after having strolled through some of the most beautiful land the Hill Country has to offer.

If you're both into hunting, give the sporting clay course at Joshua Creek a try. Beautiful and bucolic, the course has you winding your way through along an escarpment where you'll hear no one and nothing for miles around. If your shoulders don't drop when you step onto the course, you're doing something wrong. Don't forget to warm up at the wobble trap first.

Hope this helps. I never tire of going to Boerne!

Was this review stolen from the Boerne visitors center?

If not, you should consider applying for a job there!

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Very good info. I’ll let you know what she decides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i am not following rules, but broken bow is great if you want to stretch the drive a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                          Guys, I'd like to throw out that we have a great little place listed on AirBNB and VRBO that we will offer a TBH discount on. www.vrbo.com/1581559?unitId=2142817
                          Nice place.

Comment

My wife and I like Sage Hill Inn. It is outside Kyle Texas and there are a lot of options from that location.

Comment

Hah! Thanks for the compliment but it’ll take living in a box under a bridge before I go back to work!

Comment

Well the verdict is in. After viewing this thread a doing research on the places mentioned she has opted for Boerne on this short Bday trip. I think the post by ThisLady made the difference. Jefferson is probably next up for us when we do a long weekend trip. Thanks again everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X