No announcement yet.

My Barndo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s awesome. We just started ours but we hired a GC so that we can get it completed all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, very impressive! Really nice work.

Comment

I am jealous sir. Good work.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
          5 Starr Builders out of Plantersville.
          Same company built mine but they were out of Wascom. Pretty neat the way the shell is built and stout as can be.

Comment

Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Wow. What an awesome job you have done. My hat is off to you sir. Sweat equity is your best friend.

Comment

Lots of little stuff to finish it out. Carpet installed in bedrooms. Had furniture delivered.

Started stocking bar

Moved in last month. Enjoyed it so far.

Oh ya. Shop
                Well Tapatalk cut me off on uploads for the month.

Glad you saved enough money to buy some mounts to put in there.

JK Looks great!

Comment

What color are your cabinets?

Comment

Originally posted by Dmcgee View Post
                    Glad you saved enough money to buy some mounts to put in there.

JK Looks great!

Had to buy them at pawn shop...

Originally posted by Youngblood View Post
                    What color are your cabinets?

Umm, Dark grey. I dont know really. I just picked out a color at sherwin williams. I may still have the card (doubt it). Im offshore, but Ill try to remember to check when I get home. Im a fan of silver/grey. Both trucks and buggy are silver, house is grey, cabinets, carpet, walls are even a very light grey.
                    Last edited by DedDuk; 01-18-2022, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Had to buy them at pawn shop...

Umm, Dark grey. I dont know really. I just picked out a color at sherwin williams. I may still have the card (doubt it). Im offshore, but Ill try to remember to check when I get home. Im a fan of silver/grey. Both trucks and buggy are silver, house is grey, cabinets, carpet, walls are even a very light grey.

Thanks. I’m colorblind so didn’t know if this was slate or not. That’s what my wife chose for ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Youngblood View Post
                        Thanks. I’m colorblind so didn’t know if this was slate or not. That’s what my wife chose for ours.

Appliances are slate.

Comment

Appliances are slate.

Thanks. Now I will know the shade at least.

Comment

very nice. Im building one (apartment inside shop at our property) as well. My first time building an entire apartment/house. Did you install the HVAC before or after the sheetrock? Im assuming it doesnt really matter, but asking as Ive never done. Just finished the framing, about to start running PEX and electrical still so not quite at the sheetrock stage. Like you, I plan on hanging it myself, but paying someone to tape/float. Ill take any other pointers you have for a first timer ha

Comment

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
                              very nice. Im building one (apartment inside shop at our property) as well. My first time building an entire apartment/house. Did you install the HVAC before or after the sheetrock? Im assuming it doesnt really matter, but asking as Ive never done. Just finished the framing, about to start running PEX and electrical still so not quite at the sheetrock stage. Like you, I plan on hanging it myself, but paying someone to tape/float. Ill take any other pointers you have for a first timer ha
                              Before. No doubt before. Get a sheet rock jack. Worth its weight in gold if doing by yourself. I already sold mine. Pointers... Just dont get frustrated. Measure twice and cut once. Sometimes when working by yourself, you have to spend 30 minutes building something just to help you do the job youre trying to do. ( making a extra hand/holder). Before they float, texture walls, put disposable plastic down on all the floors. That fine mud dust doesnt sweep up.

Dont put a recliner in until youre ready for work to slow down.
                              Last edited by DedDuk; 01-18-2022, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                                Very cool. Excuse my ignorance, don't think I've ever noticed framing done prior to pouring the slab, is that unique to pole barns?
                                Yes, typical for wooden pole barn builds.

OP….you got mad skills brother! Congrats on a super job man. I like everything about it. About the only thing I would have done different is bite the bullet on spray foam insulation versus the blown in stuff. I was shocked at how much more structural strength it added to mine…not to mention the sound proofing quality.

Again, congrats on a nice place and excellent build!

Comment

Working...
                                X