No announcement yet.

First vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine was just a farm pickup. My grandad passed his '73 GMC down to a couple hired hands, and then to me. It looked like this, except mine had a headache rack, a propane tank behind the cab, and gated pipe racks on the bumpers.
    Attached Files

Comment

No pics. But I had a '64 Beetle. Red of course, with wheel adaptors for the spoked mags and 60 wide tires. Second was a 1970 AMC Javlin with flat fenders like the '69 AMC had. It had a 304 with a cam, Hookers, Edlebrock, and a Holly 650 dual pumper. Wond out, I could do 55 MPH in first with that 3-sp tranny before the lifters started to float. I had a bunch of Mopars after that, including two 1970 Dodge Challengers. Both RT. One was a 440 6-Pack. Wish I'd never have sold that one!
      Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-17-2022, 07:43 PM.

Comment

These are awesome. Love seeing these old pics!

Comment

I had a 1972 MG Midget white with black soft top convertible. It had a parasitic draw on the battery and after 6 months I gave up and sold it to a guy in Ada Oklahoma.

Comment

Dont have a pic handy, but it was a 1970 GTO. My Dad bought it for me from a little old lady, not from Pasadena.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
              My favorite new car story. One of my best friends growing up was hung up on mustangs. His dad bought him a new loaded 5.0 and his mom put the obligatory bow on it. They opened the garage door and my buddy saw it and walked past it to go into the house and said, “Dad, I told you the Saleen.” His dad shook his head and I shook mine. Pops drove it to the dealer (family friend) and said give me the biggest piece of Shiite on the lot. He came home with a red Plymouth Laser and told his son (expecting to get the Saleen) to come outside. He threw him the keys (I wasn’t there then) and purportedly said, “go get some cardboard—it leaks transmission fluid.” Haaaaa.
              Excellent story.
              Reminds me of two brothers I ran with in high school- (87-90) . Their grandma bought them 5-0’s. One had the LX auto the other the GT stick.
              They pounded on them cars hard, and if asked why- would counter- “it’s under warranty “. Fair enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

68 El Camino. I had to buy it w no engine. I couldn’t afford it w the drag boat 454 and I don’t really think they wanted to get rid of the BB. I put a 275HP SBC 327 in it. I’m putting one similar too it together today.

Comment

1994 Ford Ranger regular cab. 2wd and 2.3L

Bullet proof truck. Got me through college…

This isn’t it but very similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

76 Chevrolet pickup, 3 on a tree with a straight 6. Had a little over 100,000 on it when my Dad gave it to me.

Comment

Bought a 1977 Chevy Custom Deluxe long bed in 1985. Dad split the $1000 cost with me. It was banana yellow like the one in the pic. Inspired me to learn to paint cars. I painted it gloss black, put chrome wagon wheels/mud tiers with a bit of rake, serious stereo, etc... It was an awesome truck and I put what, at the time, was a bunch of money in it. Dad didnt want me to take it to college so it sat in the driveway. Mom decided to sell it cause it was taking up space. Sold it for $500 to the very first guy that looked at it. She said the buyer was very excited! No sh*t, it had more than $500 in just the stereo!
                      Attached Files

Comment

First vehicle?

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
                        76 Chevrolet pickup, 3 on a tree with a straight 6. Had a little over 100,000 on it when my Dad gave it to me.

That’s the 78 I had in high-school, I bought it from my dad for $1k, but never paid him the last $100- it was a running joke for years. He’s since got it back out of me.

We moved the shifter to the floor and put bucket seats in it with a center console that lifted up to make a bench seat.
                        We kept the beer cooler behind the center part of the center console, get pulled over just flip it up when the cop is walking up to the truck. We thought we were smart.
                        It worked for the most part. Never got a pi, while in the truck that is …….[emoji13]

Last edited by DaveC; 01-17-2022, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X