No announcement yet.

Beef Tenderloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing those pics reminds me of another step - topping each serving with herb butter. I fold fresh chopped thyme, rosemary and garlic into a couple sticks of butter then keep it in the freezer.

Comment

Cut 1.5-1.75" thick.

Season

let set at room temp about 20 minutes

Grill at 650 for 3 minutes per side. Perfect for me medium rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Screaming hot cast iron skillet on my pellet smoker. 3 minutes per side, pull, tent with foil and rest for 10 min.

I don’t get the sous vide hype. I tried a steak cooked like that and was severely underwhelmed. Had almost no flavor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
        You mean there are ways other than this? Perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Screaming hot cast iron skillet on my pellet smoker. 3 minutes per side, pull, tent with foil and rest for 10 min.

I don’t get the sous vide hype. I tried a steak cooked like that and was severely underwhelmed. Had almost no flavor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I’m with you on the sous vide, way over rated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have cooked them several different ways, but this reverse sear is my favorite method:

Start with a whole tenderloin (if entertaining several folks) and trim all fat/silver skin. In this case, it was a Choice cut. Next, season with whatever your favorite rub may be. I tend to go back and forth between Killer Hogs and Meat Church. To add a bit more fat and flavor, I then wrap in thick cut bacon. After, it is ready to go on the smoker at 225degF until internal temp is at 110degF in the thickest end. I take the tenderloin off of the smoker and remove the bacon, then immediately place on a grill as hot as it can get. In my case, a Weber running at around 600degF. I let it sit for about 1 minute, then flip to let it sit another minute on the other side. At this point it is time to remove and rest for about 10-15 mins, however long you can stand. Cut into whatever thickness you want and serve.
            Attached Files

Comment

This

[ATTACH]1077453[/ATTACH]

This was Ribeyes, but Tenderloins are best!

Comment

My favorite. Cook it anyway you like, as long as I get enough to fill up.

Only way to mess it up is to cook past rare/medium rare.

Comment

Working...
                X