Copper Breaks Waterfowl - Jan 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copper Breaks Waterfowl - Jan 22/23

Drew Copper Break Sp for waterfowl and headed up that way this coming weekend (Jan 22/23). Anyone here have experience there? Seasoned duck chaser here but this will be new habitat for me personally. Temps in the 20’s. One sp big lake, another larger pond, and 4 tanks off the hiking trails. Sounds like kayak needed for deeks on the big lake, but that’s about all I know.

Any other info would be appreciated.

Also….Case of beer for anyone that can put us on some snipe in the area that Friday(21st) or Sat(22nd) afternoon. Serious offer and have pooch that will fetch the ones you are lucky enough to down if you can join. We’d even let you yell rooster!! on the flush if that’ll sweeten the deal. Not sure if there’s any snipe habitat local, but we can’t hunt or scout the SP in the afternoons so we’re wide open for other adventures or general mischief.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So….hearing none…..

The post-report:

If anyone draws this hunt in the future…feel free to dM and I’ll be glad to share some info.

On another note…I’m not sure Id drive 6hrs to pig or deer hunt this SP. I know it’s late Jan, but didn’t see much for deer or pigs while out and about. That includes about 4 hrs across two nights running thermal. The pig hunt that occurred concurrent with the waterfowl draw resulted in zero pigs harvested and only 3 seen.

Nice park, awesome star viewing (it’s a “dark park”), and staff where great.

Worth the drive drive from east Tx to see ducks land next to cactus. Just cool to see and hunt ducks in different places.

Back in east Tx now. Beer offer stands for anyone in east Tx that wants to chase snipe in Feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How did y'all do on the ducks? I've never done this hunt but might be interested in the future?

Comment

Working...
      X