Last weekend for us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last weekend for us

This is the last weekend we can kill deer on our place. Jones county has a late doe&spike season but all of our spikes are young deer so they get a pass.
    One of the members have some guests coming in and hunting the property we lease next door. Hoping they can thin a few more of the doe.
    Me personally I'm going to pig hunt but I do have a couple of far doe hanging about that may tempt me if they break the 12 yard range and give me that "kill me now" position.
    With the freezer full it will be a donation deer and the same if I shoot a pig.
    That said it's always a tough weekend for me because it's like saying goodbye to a friend I know it will be a while until we meet again.
    After this we will be able to focus on ranch upgrades and work. We are getting close to finishing the house interior and then we will need to run the septic and water lines to finish it out. Hopefully by April we'll have two fully functional abodes to make it easier when we have groups there as well as when we take our family down.
    Anyway I ramble. Good hunting to all you single string arrow slinging troopers who are still working on filling that tag. Get em close, shoot straight then tell us a good hunting tale.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Good luck!

Comment

I may shoot a doe this weekend.
      We'll see.

Rick

Comment

Good luck!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck Rick.

Comment

Good luck to all

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Nothing but bucks tonight. 2 nubbers, two spikes, a fork and the nice 8 that lives at my set up now.

We'll see what the morning brings.

Comment

Good luck Gary.

Comment

So funny thing, last night I felt like hammered **** by the time the hunt was over. Took some meds, rough night on a cot (good beds occupied by guests) and this morning wasn't fun. However up before the alarm went off and had a good hunt. 8 deer seen. 3 doe and 5 fawn. The fat doe I'm trying to shoot came in but a younger doe bullied her right out of the feeder opening. She left and never returned.
                    Maybe this evening.

Comment

Well, I had several opportunities and I just never did make the decision to let one go.
                      My best opportunity was this evening and she tempted me hard multiple times from 10 to 14 yards. Unfortunately I've felt like crud all weekend with fever and sinuses and I just wasnt willing to put inbthe work to clean one.
                      She had two fawns, including one nubber, so I'm hoping she'll have two more this spring. Beautiful afternoon and a good season.

Hopefully the pigs start hitting feeders soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X