Did this tree make a dog sick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did this tree make a dog sick?

My son's Pudelpointer got sick and threw up about 20 times this afternoon. She'd been outside. Neighbor has a tree that has some kind of berry-like fruit on it. Lots still on the tree, but lots on the ground too. I don't know what the tree is. Do you?

Vet said he thinks it's a stomach bug. Gave her nausea meds and keeping her overnight.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Looks like China berry. Probably made him drunk.

Comment

Raised dogs around China Berry trees for years and never had one get sick from it. Never saw one pay any attention to the berries ether.

Comment

Could be. Were there any berries in his vomit?

Comment

Yep China Berry tree. Never seen a dog eating the berries.

Comment

I wouldn’t look at that tree to hard or it might break in half……those trees suck

Comment

The Colorado State University Guide to Poisonous Plants database lists trees, shrubs and perennials that can be harmful to animals. The Poisonous Plant Guide is constructed to enable location of a plant by either knowing the common or botanical name of the plant.

Comment

We called those China berry trees when I was a kid, yes if you eat them, they will make you puke. Or at least I did the one time I tried them as a kid.

Comment

Covid berry tree.

Comment

Definitely a Chinaberry. Remedy and diesel will take care of it!

Comment

Good ammo for slingshots.
                      Bad to shoot them and spread the seeds.

Comment

Yep that is a Chinaberry tree

Did not know anything ate those berries

Comment

Animals will eat them. After a freeze, the berry will ferment and become slightly toxic. will make animals seem drunk and vomit. Birds will eat them and then fall out of the tree sometimes and sit on the ground out of it.

Comment

Robins eat the berries after they mature... When I was a kid I hunted the chinaberry trees at my uncle's house...

Comment

I watched deer eat them 15’ away from our home when other resources were low

Comment

Working...
                              X