Baseball question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baseball question

If you hit a home run off a former MLB pitcher, but the home run came in a home run derby, can you say you have hit a home run off a MLB pitcher?

If no, does the answer change if you won the home run derby, are 5 years removed from playing, inebriated, and were a pitcher only?

Discuss...

I'd count it no matter what

Comment

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There's a difference between a homerun derby when the pitcher is trying to help you hit the ball and a game where the pitcher is trying to strike you out.

Still cool to win the derby though!

Comment

Sounds like your a winner that hit a home run off a MLB pitcher, congrats!

Comment

Dinger!

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                There's a difference between a homerun derby when the pitcher is trying to help you hit the ball and a game where the pitcher is trying to strike you out.

So I can't tell him he throws meat??

Comment

That’s like saying you shot a “trophy” deer behind a high fence.

I kid, I kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post

Pitchers factors should be offset by batter being drunk. Count it. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                      Pitchers factors should be offset by batter being drunk. Count it. [emoji106]
                      You get it!

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Great question to start the New Year off with.

Comment

Nah, that's like taking a breakfast ball and claiming a hole in one.

Comment

Watched a YouTube video of a guy doing virtual reality and "hitting" off Scherzer. Dude was taking game hacks with a real bat in hand and had a device attached to the bat. Outside of the graphics could have been a lot better, it seemed about as realistic as any average joe could get to actually hitting off Scherzer.

But we alllllllllll know, that game is rigged its meant to make you feel like you got a hit off him. He didn't hit it good, at least what I watched, but even average Joe in real life can't foul Scherzer off.

That got me to thinking about the hr derby I played in at the alumni game in 2018... good stuff!

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely count it. You’ve just become a living legend to Every PO that ever swore they could really hit!
                              No different than utility infielders bragging about striking out the side with their 73 mph fastball when their team is getting boat raced.

Comment

Working...
                              X