No announcement yet.

Food Plot w/ Cows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you’re gonna be losing it in a couple years you’re just throwing away money planting in the spring.

If you’re going to plant your side then e-fence the cows out.

Comment

Build some 8-10 panel feed pens and feed protein until your land situation settles out. You leased the grazing rights for cattle, I would be upset if I was the cattle guy and you started hot fencing off big chunks. Plus, hot wire can keep deer out too. They don’t know what hot wire is any more than cattle do. Until they touch their nose to it and it sends them into the next county. Just enjoy the place until you get your long term plan in place. Build some feed pens for now

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
        Build some 8-10 panel feed pens and feed protein until your land situation settles out. You leased the grazing rights for cattle, I would be upset if I was the cattle guy and you started hot fencing off big chunks. Plus, hot wire can keep deer out too. They don’t know what hot wire is any more than cattle do. Until they touch their nose to it and it sends them into the next county. Just enjoy the place until you get your long term plan in place. Build some feed pens for now
        This will be the likely outcome. We will do this no matter what. We already have a few protein feeders, a ton of panels and tposts. That is priority #1 after hunting season to get that set up. We may try one area with hot wire just to see how it goes.

Comment

I plant oat patches that are not fenced. They do fine. Cows keep them trimmed down but deer prefer the fresh growth over taller.

Comment

We use hot wire and it works fine. Deer go under or over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can also set your cattle lease up like mine where there are no cattle from September 1 to January 31

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X