Increased frequency in amber alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increased frequency in amber alerts

Seems like we have had an amber alert go off nearly every day the past week, is this parents wanting their kids for the holidays or something else?

Just got one here and was saying the same thing.

Comment

Just thinking the same thing!

Comment

I thought the same thing the last couple days.

Comment

ya..seems to a thing right now.

Comment

Don't know. I turned that feature off. Got tired of getting an alert at 0200 hours about a kid that was 600 miles away.

Comment

same here.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                Don't know. I turned that feature off. Got tired of getting an alert at 0200 hours about a kid that was 600 miles away.

You can turn those alerts off on the iPhone in notifications

Comment

People lose their minds during the holiday season. Also seeing clear alerts. Something I have never even heard of until recently.

Comment

To be honest, it’s not happening more frequently. We are just now starting to hear about them. Kids have been kidnapped a lot, especially in high traffic areas, but we would rarely hear about it.

Comment

raise your hand if you actually pay attention to them.........

Comment

Last night it went off on the work phone and the television. Message in tv just said amber alert for , then listed 6-7 counties but no info on the actual event

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          raise your hand if you actually pay attention to them.........
                          Congratulations….??

I don’t know the statistics, but I would bet amber alerts have done a lot of good in locating vehicles on the run. They’re never around me, but I always read them. It’s probably the single most effective way in locating someone on the run, since 90% of the population has phones.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                            Congratulations….??

I don’t know the statistics, but I would bet amber alerts have done a lot of good in locating vehicles on the run. They’re never around me, but I always read them. It’s probably the single most effective way in locating someone on the run, since 90% of the population has phones.
                            I would like to know the statistics on how many of these alerts are from one separated parent taking their own child from the other vs. how many are actually 'kidnapped' by someone they dont know.

I can think of 1 call out of 100s from the days on the streets where a child was actually kidnapped by a stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              I can think of 1 call out of 100s from the days on the streets where a child was actually kidnapped by a stranger.
                              In the past 10 years my wife has received ~2 legitimate calls, of the 1,000's that were not runaways or dysfuntional family situations.

Comment

Working...
                              X