Binoculars for 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Binoculars for 3D

TBOT allows for their use. My eyes suck, so it really helps me to see where to shoot. I have some nice Nikon binoculars in 10x50 but they are large and a bit cumbersome to tote around the 3D course.

What's a good, yet smaller binocular in maybe 8x32?

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
    TBOT allows for their use. My eyes suck, so it really helps me to see where to shoot. I have some nice Nikon binoculars in 10x50 but they are large and a bit cumbersome to tote around the 3D course.

What's a good, yet smaller binocular in maybe 8x32?
    I also have the Nikon 10x50's. Use them for hunting, and 3D.

The way I hang them, I can just flip them around onto my back when not in use. Don't even notice they are there.

Rick

Comment

I bought some vortex diamondback 10x42 for 3d. I have an African missionary friend who was here in the states and ended up gifting them to him. I was very impressed with them for 3d and close range hunting, BUT don’t be fooled, they don’t compare to high end optics. After giving the vortex to a friend I bought a cheap pair of Athlon 10x42. I would not recommend them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
        I bought some vortex diamondback 10x42 for 3d. I have an African missionary friend who was here in the states and ended up gifting them to him. I was very impressed with them for 3d and close range hunting, BUT don’t be fooled, they don’t compare to high end optics. After giving the vortex to a friend I bought a cheap pair of Athlon 10x42. I would not recommend them!

to be clear: You feel the Vortex diamondback is adequate for 3D? Seeing the rings to 30 yards under shade of trees?

Comment

Binoculars for 3D

8x32 is too small! Most everyone I know uses 10x42 or similar. I use Vortex Diamondback 10x42. They work just fine for 99% of the targets. Every once in a while they will stick a black pig in a dark hole, but in this cases nobody can see the lines.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Last edited by Bisch; 12-19-2021, 10:08 AM.

Comment

X2 for what Bisch replied. I will be buying another pair of the diamondback before 3d starts back up!

Comment

I'm not as old as Bisch. My Vortex 8x32s work fine for me.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                I'm not as old as Bisch. My Vortex 8x32s work fine for me.

It has nothing to do with age!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Comment

Vortex 10x42’s crossfire or Diamondbacks you can go wrong with either

Comment

The Nikon 10x42 monarch 5 I am selling in classifieds for a lot less then they go new.

Comment

Double checked and mine are 10x42 not 10x50. They are great binoculars. Just wanting something lighter for the 3D course. If Santa didn't get the hint I'll something in-bound soon enough!

Comment

Honestly how can 8 power not be enough? It makes a 32 yard object look like it is only 4 yards away?
                          10 power makes it look 3.2 yards away.
                          That is an insignificant difference. Now the objective lense diameter may contribute some but I doubt that would be too significant either. I've used 10x50s and opted to buy 8x32s because the size difference was significant when using, carrying, dealing with them on a 3D course.

Comment

I carried a pair of 10x50 Alpens when I was competing with compounds. They were great (and needed) for dark targets in dark tunnels and longer shots. After making the switch to recurves and longbows, we went with a 10x36 monocular from Vortex, per a suggestion from Arrowsmith. They are lightweight and easy to stow on a belt clip or in a quiver pocket. They have worked well for trad distances.

Comment

I have a pair of Vortex Diamondback 10x42 that is just the right size to carry for hunting or whatever, had Steiner 6x30 that were good but a bit small, had Nikon 10x42 but it was a bit bulky. Vortex is right between and a good fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X