• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well dang...

Comment

I sure hope the deer came back and your Dad got him! (either one )!

Comment

Crickets. Hopefully your loading old wide load in the back of your truck.

Comment

Well no shot. My gosh we got close. The red hog finally left and shortly a forkhorn worked in through the scattered white oaks and came right on in to our food plot and corn pen. He kept watching the way he came abd shortly, I could see horns waving on the timber. 4 bucks working in. The first was an old wide 8 we call circle hook. On the hit list. The deer right behind him was the wide 8 I posted with a broken brow.

The deer directly behind them turned 90 degrees and I immediately saw it,was the big ten. He walked out of sight as I got dads gun on the sticks. Next came tge broke 14pt. Dad was going to shoot the wide deer when I saw the big ten coming back!

They were coming on a string just like the 4pt had. Circjehook came to the edge at 80yd. The wide deer,stepped up and boogered a little because that freaking ten was marching up. I was having heck keeping dad on the right deer in the timber so we decided to let them come on out. Ten more yds.

With no warning, they spooked and ran north. 3 seconds later a big black boar ran thru after them and then came back. Here comes two more bucks from the same group that were trailing behind. The hog chased them away. One was an old 6. The other a 17inch 4 year old 8 I know well.

Thru all that, the 4 pt kept scarfing corn and then oats while the hog guarded those acorn trees voiding any chance of the big deer returning.

In all honesty, the deer should have already been dead. Sometimes it's a challenge but I love that old man.

Comment

And, that boar hog is still alive, because?

Comment

That was a great evening for y’all. Congrats. He’s gonna get him.

Comment

Hell that’s a good outcome, gives you more opportunity to hunt this season with your dad!

Comment

That BB gun might have learned them pigs a lesson and not boogerd the deer

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                      Hell that’s a good outcome, gives you more opportunity to hunt this season with your dad!

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

[emoji3516]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like a great time with your Dad!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

My bb gun was stolen last week. It would have ended both if those hogs. We did not want to shoot the rifle with the little buck in front of us. No doubt he is grouped with the other 6.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            My bb gun was stolen last week. It would have ended both if those hogs. We did not want to shoot the rifle with the little buck in front of us. No doubt he is grouped with the other 6.
                            **** man, I hate to hear that

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                              You may be right. He jabbered all the way home about how big that deer was. Honestly, I have seen him before in the timber but he just looked way bigger than I expected today. Mass is really good. Much, much heavier than that wide 8.
                              Last edited by GarGuy; 12-18-2021, 08:14 PM.

Comment

.....double post

Comment

Working...
                                X