No announcement yet.

Home or Processor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary and I take over the kitchen with our deer and we do the whole thing ourselves. We have two freezers we try to keep full, but this year we haven't done so well.

Comment

Home

Comment

Home!

Comment

This year was my first year to do my own. Mainly cuz processors were full last year so bought equipment, but somewhat cost and wanting to have all my meat. To answer someone else, always having hunted out west we paid about 80-100 for steaks/burger. Bought land east Texas, and the processors around here are about 150 for the same thing. Gets expensive when you shoot a few deer

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
            Home.......if there are any problems, I know who's to blame, whose meat I've got, and exactly how it was handled every step of the way.
            This

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              My dad was a butcher when I was growing up. I process mine at home.
              My Dad was also and had access to heavy duty equipment.
              It was great. Ive been using a processor since he passed away.
              I need to start purchasing my own equipment so i can do it my self like he taught me. Sure miss him.

Comment

Home.

Comment

Home

Comment

My processor does great work and I’ve never had an issue. They have had the same guys for as long as I can remember and they take pride in their work. EVERY animal is screened and inspected. If it don’t pass their best judgment… DENIED! they ain’t turning out high volume garbage to make a buck.

I wouldn’t clean my kitchen for what they charge me to process a deer. Lol

If you enjoy that type of work, then I completely understand. I don’t

Comment

after getting back somebody's west nebraska sagebrush deer from a processer instead of our deer, started doing are own,been doing are own for over 25 years. 1hp cabels grinder and lem 25# eletric stuffer and masterbuilt smoker

Comment

home

Comment

Home for me, but I will freeze big chucks and take some to a processor for smoked sausage. I always wait till the very end to avoid the mad rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                            Home for everything except I got a Tamale guy. He isnt a “processor” but him and his wife make tamales I could only dream of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Contact or it aint true!.....oh, and .....Home.

Comment

Home

Comment

Home. Did two last weekend. It's work but I enjoy every minute.

Comment

Working...
                                X