Simmons Sharks Broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simmons Sharks Broadheads

Anyone used Simmons Sharks Broadheads. Saw some today at the bow shop and they look nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't currently use them but I did for years. I used the 160gr Sharks. They are a little tricky to get razor sharp. I used a small round diamond steel, worked very good. I killed 11 deer one season with them and 10 fell in sight of my stand, the other made it 20 yards out of sight. Very good head.

Comment

I tried them once. Wind planed like an old Savora head.

Comment

There a great head and cut a large hole but you need a heavy FOC and your fletching should be right or left helical 5" feathers so they will spin and they will fly like darts. Also you can use other types of fletching but it needs to spin your arrow well

Comment

shot 175 gr tiger sharks the last 7 yrs or so out of my compound. pass thru everything and good blood trails. sharpen with the wheelie sharpener from Simmons.
          27 in draw
          300 spine arrows with bohning blazers off a drop away rest
          no problem grouping at 40 yds
          never had any damage on one

Comment

Thanks for all the info everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hard to sharpen with traditional rods or file but the Rada wheel sharpeners do work on them. Make sure your bow is tuned as they will plane pretty good if not.

Comment

I shoot the 205 grain Safari out of my longbow. I use 4" shield cut feathers and have never had any problems with planeing.

Comment

Never been shark hunting, but I will keep them in mind just in case.

Comment

Like others said above. They do not come hunting sharp and can be difficult to get sharp. I shot them for years with my trad bows before switching to Iron Will.

Comment

I just had straight four in fletch when I had my recurve. Bought a six pack of these cause I always wanted to try them and had heard good results. first shot at 15 yards, that sucker caught the wind so bad I skipped the arrow off the top of my small bag target and stuck it in the back of my garage. Went through a piece of old ship-lap and cracked the siding on the outside. You need to spin those arrows with some big fletching like others have said.

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodtracy View Post
                        There a great head and cut a large hole but you need a heavy FOC and your fletching should be right or left helical 5" feathers so they will spin and they will fly like darts. Also you can use other types of fletching but it needs to spin your arrow well
                        This is the best advice I never heard...until now.
                        Thanks for posting this MsTracy.

They are a booger to sharpen.

Comment

properly done they are easy to sharpen.

If they are not flying well they are not on the shaft straight or yer bow ain't tuned properly.

Comment

I like em. My buddy & I each killed a Cape Buffalo w them.

Comment

If your bareshafts fly good, they're a great head. Used to use them out of my recurve and longbow. I killed a 6pt bull elk with one, and a buck here in Texas. I've switched to lighter bows and don't have the horsepower to shoot them any more. They leave a hole that looks like a hatchet wound.

Comment

Working...
                              X