Pulsar Core RXQ30V Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulsar Core RXQ30V Thoughts

I want to pull the trigger on a thermal. It probably won’t get used a ton and quite frankly, really don’t care about video recording. I want a thermal with a good image when looking through the eye piece and be able to shoot pigs/varmints up to 100-150 yards tops. Will I be disappointed with the Core? There is one in stock here locally and I looked through it in the store and I was pretty surprised by it, but obviously I was in side with the lights on and looking 20-30 yards tops. If the sight picture quality is worth a $1500 upgrade, I’ll go that route.

Its a good little scope. If its the green one it can be hard on the eyes after a while. The white hot black hot is better.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been very happy with mine. I didn’t think I needed to record either but now I wish I could. Son in law can link to his phone and it is pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
        Its a good little scope. If its the green one it can be hard on the eyes after a while. The white hot black hot is better.

This one is not the green display. It has the white hot/black hot. I’m just a little torn do I just go with this and save some money, it will do the job, or jump up to a Trail. I’m just not interested in the Thermion

Comment

If you aren't stuck on pulsar. Ive heard great things about the bering hogster and AGM scopes for just a little more money than the core.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
            If you aren't stuck on pulsar. Ive heard great things about the bering hogster and AGM scopes for just a little more money than the core.

I’m not necessarily stuck on Pulsar. I’ve heard the same thing about those two you mention. At this point, it’s what’s available out there. I’m impatient. I’ll either order what’s in stock or I won’t order at all. I don’t do backorder lol

Comment

Thermals are on back order at a vast majority of retailers. So having in on the shelf night be something to consider.

I like my RXQ30V. Mine has the green screen.
              Last edited by Pushbutton2; 02-06-2021, 10:01 PM.

Comment

bering hogster is a great little scope and super lightweight. QD mount so can quickly take it off to use as a scanner and snap back on and it holds zero. for that range a 25mm will work fine. i got the 35 recently and love it. doesnt bother eyes at all- can stare through it for a long time and look away and see just fine.

if you join some of the fb groups and ask you will prob find a dealer with one on hand ready to ship.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                  bering hogster is a great little scope and super lightweight. QD mount so can quickly take it off to use as a scanner and snap back on and it holds zero. for that range a 25mm will work fine. i got the 35 recently and love it. doesnt bother eyes at all- can stare through it for a long time and look away and see just fine.

if you join some of the fb groups and ask you will prob find a dealer with one on hand ready to ship.
                  I ordered a Hogster 35 over the weekend and got it yesterday. I’m VERY pleased!

Comment

I’ve heard good things about the hogster. I’ve had the rxq30v for 3 years now and been flawless. It does all I need one to do (I ain’t smart enough for all the other bells and whistles anyway). Clear enough for the effective range of the weapons I put it on.

Longest detection was a javelina @ 1.2 miles.

Comment

Do they make the Pulsar RXQ30V w the black/white screen now?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                        Do they make the Pulsar RXQ30V w the black/white screen now?
                        Yes. The one I looked through last week was black hot/white hot

Comment

Thanks where did you get your hogster

Comment

I bought one when they first came out and it’s a dang good scope. My gave it to my son and he has killed over 100 hogs with it since. It’ll do the job out to 150 for sure.

Comment

I think that particular scope is awesome for scanning but if you want to make a 150 yard shot with it I think you might need a little more base magnification.

Comment

Working...
                              X