fence line rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fence line rule

ok i have a question how close/ whats the rule about how close you can be to somebody elses fence line....

I think if you are shooting away from the neighbors property you can use the fence for a back rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Osceola View Post
      I think if you are shooting away from the neighbors property you can use the fence for a back rest.
      hahahahahaha

Comment

bullets cant cross any fence or property line the way i understand it...

Comment

Originally posted by Osceola View Post
          you may think it is funny but its right. As long as the projectile does not cross the property line

Comment

been wondering about this for a while the guys on the north end of our property have 2 feeders not 10 yards from our fence. it seems to me if the stand was close to the fence and u are shooting away thats fine , but not to put the feeder on the fence. but that is their side of the fence

Comment

We have a guy whos feeder leg is touching our fence line... Only problem is it's his fence line too!!! No law saying it's a no no except common sence.

Comment

If feeders are on the fence than pile as much sh!* and dead animals near the fence on your side as possible

Comment

There are no rules ... you can use the fenceline as a backrest. The only thing the law refers to is that yoou can shoot across the fenceline....

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                    If feeders are on the fence than pile as much sh!* and dead animals near the fence on your side as possible
                    Visit a local barber shop or hair salon and take a bag of hair trimmings. Sprinkle that there and it will work..

Comment

I have been on both sides of the fence we have a rule - feeders 100 yards and blinds 150 yards that is being neighborly. I have always told my hunters that if I go out there and I see a feeder or a blind on a fence line he will have to move it. So your question is I would not put a feeder or a blind on a neighbors fence so no one would get mad.

Comment

Had a guy do that one time in Jack Co. ( his tower blind was 100 yards away and any shot was in our direction.) I started parking my truck on the fence next to his feeder when I went to hunt. He got the idea and moved his feeder off the fence.

Comment

Common sense and courtesy should prevail. A feeder/blind on a fenceline is just an invitation for a conflict.

Comment

Hunting on a fence line is a good way to start a corn war.

Comment

I would say that common sense would be to stay a little off the fence, but I have heard people say that they pay to hunt all of their land. I don't see a problem with your back to the fence as long as you are not shooting across the line. I personally get nervous with my back to a place that I don't know what is going on. My dad nearly shot a guy that was hunting the fenceline on our place in Paris. He shot a buck on our place and the guy was just starting to climb into his tree when the pass through bullet hit a tree at the base next to his. Scared the crap out of both of them. The tree was on our side and it hit at the ground. If he would have been alittle over it would have hit his leg.

Comment

Working...
                              X