Mason county 2021/2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mason county 2021/2022

How’s everyone looking this year? I moved a spot across the ranch. That hail storm beat the leaves out of the live oaks in 100+ acres of our place. Lots of rain and very green. And for the first time ever we found sign of hogs. Hood fences kept them out for 10+ years. Guess that’s changed.

Hoping the rain keeps up as I let several deer walk that should blow up this year. Maybe one will be big enough to get me to kill it lol. If not I’m sure there’s some culls need killin. That situation has gotten better now that our trigger happy neighbors are gone. I haven’t killed a good deer off this place in a long time.

No Mason folks this year?

Comment

The last couple of years there have been some great free range deer coming out of Mason. Good luck!

Comment

We will be back out there again. I have leased the same place for about 9-10 years. Should have a couple good ones and some management deer to knock down. We were at Brady last weekend hunting axis and the range conditions are outstanding. I have a couple tags out west to deal with so I may not hunt down south until November.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
          The last couple of years there have been some great free range deer coming out of Mason. Good luck!
          No sir. Just culls out here.

Comment

Our place is looking pretty good. Plenty green as of right now. I'm sure hoping the rain will continue.

Lots of deer on our place. It's way early to tell how the bucks will finish out. Having said that we didn't see a ton of mature bucks last year so we didn't shoot a lot of bucks. Tried to focus on does.

We're overrun with hogs. Been hammering them but they keep on coming.

Comment

Where did they put the new CWD surveillance zone in Mason County?

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                Where did they put the new CWD surveillance zone in Mason County?
                I tried to look it up and didn't see anything on Mason County having a surveillance zone. Maybe I looked in the wrong spot.

Comment

I guess I’ll join in on this thread as well! We haven’t been getting near the rain as many others have had, but I’m thankful for the moisture we have received. We shot a lot of does last year and plan on knocking a lot more back this year. It should be a great season if the moisture continues.

Comment

Anybody know any rain totals from last night or this morning? Farm logs is showing me an inch at our place by Camp Air.

Comment

Don’t have a confirmed total. Rained more than a inch though.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        Anybody know any rain totals from last night or this morning? Farm logs is showing me an inch at our place by Camp Air.
                        We only have 0.4” in SE Mason Co, but we got missed by most of it. Some have reported over 2”

Comment

Closest LCRA gauge to our place showed 7/10 of an inch of rain the last 24 hours.

Comment

Took this guy opening day. Serious brow tines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FamousAmos View Post
                              Took this guy opening day. Serious brow tines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Great buck! Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X