Form 1 eFile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KNP16 View Post
    You should have gotten this in an email immediately after submitting your form 1. At lease that is how it worked on the two I have done.
    Only true if your application is accepted. Mine came back pending research.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
      Yes and also the consensus on all the form 1 boards.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
      So you have apparently done multiple form 1's. How do you avoid the pending research response?

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
        So you have apparently done multiple form 1's. How do you avoid the pending research response?

Use N/A as model vs making your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You have to actually click the drop down wait an eternity and let it load in then select n/a from the list. Absolutely stupid but if you type in N/A it will throw you into pending.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

So I have to take back all the bad things I said about the ATF. Got an update today saying my application status is changed to SUBMITTED with the cover letter to send the finger print cards. I guess the ATF found some funding for overtime to work off the backlog.

Comment

Mine came back “disapproved” on Friday, no idea why yet. ATF is awesome.

Make the whole thing so arduous that very few people do it, charge a tax, then it still doesn’t work.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                Mine came back “disapproved” on Friday, no idea why yet. ATF is awesome.

Make the whole thing so arduous that very few people do it, charge a tax, then it still doesn’t work.
                Would be interested in learning why you were disapproved if you don’t mind sharing. Did you file as an individual or trust? How long between submitted and the disapproved response.

Comment

Would be interested in learning why you were disapproved if you don’t mind sharing. Did you file as an individual or trust? How long between submitted and the disapproved response.
                  I called today and apparently I didn’t print out, sign, and then scan the responsible persons questionnaire. I didn’t even think that was necessary. I had already filled out and signed a paper copy of it but it let prompted me to just fill it all out on the computer with no mention of signing it with a pen.

Frustrating as I was told I just have to start over and it was just over a 30 day wait. Trust from National gun trusts.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                    I called today and apparently I didn’t print out, sign, and then scan the responsible persons questionnaire. I didn’t even think that was necessary. I had already filled out and signed a paper copy of it but it let prompted me to just fill it all out on the computer with no mention of signing it with a pen.

Frustrating as I was told I just have to start over and it was just over a 30 day wait. Trust from National gun trusts.
                    30 days isn’t bad. They held mine in pending further research for months

Comment

Someone could do everyone a great service if they would create a workflow or checklist to get through this process with all the gotcha’s noted like you must sign your full legal name as it appears on the responsible person questionnaire. It would need to cover filing a silencer as a trust, filing a silencer as an individual, filing a sbr as a trust , etc.

Comment

Sounds like the backlog is around 30 days which is encouraging.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          30 days isn’t bad. They held mine in pending further research for months
                          My understanding is that is common if your receiver or manufacturer isn’t listed in their drop down menu. Mine was a Texas Flag lower from Runner Runner on here, a small manufacturer that’s out of business now, and it was in there.

Comment

Someone could do everyone a great service if they would create a workflow or checklist to get through this process with all the gotcha’s noted like you must sign your full legal name as it appears on the responsible person questionnaire. It would need to cover filing a silencer as a trust, filing a silencer as an individual, filing a sbr as a trust , etc.
                            I followed the National gun trust video as it’s the best resource I’ve found, I don’t recall it mentioning printing and then scanning that in but I might have missed it. I’ve always been bad at following directions, I’m a free thinker.

I also hate computers and find it much easier to do paper forms, but for some reason they are taking WAY longer.

Silencer shop used to offer a service where they would help you fill out the paperwork correctly, the ATF told them they had to quit.

Side note on National gun trusts, they have been AWESOME to deal with, have answered every question almost immediately, helped me compress the notarized trust to a small enough file to upload, and caught something I’d missed on it. They also have a cheap fingerprint card kit and video on how to do it properly.
                            Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 05-29-2021, 06:21 AM.

Comment

I used Texas Gun Trust. They have been very responsive but their instructions are more applicable to paper filing. I may sit down and see if i can map out a workflow or checklist and post here for comments. I have at least one more to submit. First one is a rimfire. Next will be a centerfire.

Comment

Sounds like the backlog is around 30 days which is encouraging.

I just got a form one back this week for a SBR, and it took right at six weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X