Another FREE Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another FREE Day

Another Saturday Working and another day of not getting paid for it.
    Anyone else here on salary that does not get compensated for weekend work? I don't mind the work, but after only 3 weekends off this year, it is getting OLD really fast...

What is your job that takes your weekends?

Comment

Honestly it depends on a lot of factors. When I drove truck over the road I didn’t get weekends I worked basically 24/7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I guess there are trade offs for a guaranteed salary.

Comment

There is a point where salaried employees are eligible for overtime under law. You might research it.

Comment

Try running your own small business. You might walk out the door but your mind never really does.

Comment

I was salary for 23 years. Never even thought about it. Part of the territory/responsibilities. Your company must be doing well which is a blessing also.[emoji120] For us the perks, "trips, bonuses and stock" all outweighed it in my mind. But again I guess I was the guy who took his laptop on his honeymoon so there were no surprises when I got back.[emoji854]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                Try running your own small business. You might walk out the door but your mind never really does.
                Bingeaux!!! [emoji457] 11:30 pm last night my wife is showing me hourly/weekly trend lines on her iPad as I was face down in the pillow.......it NEVER stops when it is yours![emoji3061]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m a desk jockey. We aren’t ever callled into work just because everyone is working the weekend, but if your workload requires more hours during the week or on the weekend, then lucky you. You either perform or they find someone who will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Salary for the last 16 years. 24/7 on call. Every other weekend off. It’s just part of every day life now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
                      Another Saturday Working and another day of not getting paid for it.
                      Anyone else here on salary that does not get compensated for weekend work? I don't mind the work, but after only 3 weekends off this year, it is getting OLD really fast...
                      Yep, and I feel your pain.

I've got guys working this weekend. I repeatedly tell them to take time off on the company in the middle of the week. If nothing else, take a day and regroup.

Comment

I work a lot of weekends. I also don’t work a lot of fridays in my slow season and will slip away for a 3-4 day weekend. I’m technically not slated anymore, commissioned, so I’m judicious that my overtime is earning me $

It’s a fair trade off in my opinion. I had a salaried colleague who literally tracked every hour over 40 he worked and comp’d the time. Every hour over 40 1 week was an hour under 40 he wouldn’t work sometime during the year. I’m there to get a job done, not watch a clock

Comment

I can tell you this if your not happy with you job move on, Life is to short.

What's the rest of the story?
                          Do you get paid vacations? and how many weeks?

Comment

Work for a Sausage Producer and all though I really enjoy my job, I DON'T Live to Work, I Work to Live. The biggest issue is when I need a weekend off it is like pulling teeth to get off.
                            During the entire pandemic we were NON-STOP.

Yes having that same pay week in and week out does make the household a little easier. When I started we got an hourly rate on weekends, but someone complained we were MAKING TOO MUCH MONEY soi that got stopped; mainly because one person abused it..

Comment

There’s pros and cons to it for sure. I’ve never worked a normal 50hr week since I went salary but I wouldn’t trade it. I can cut out for a bit and pick my daughter up, lots of flexibility. My wife is not a fan that I have both phones and my laptop on vacations or meetings that start anywhere from 9-12pm when I deal with our Asia clients but like Oscar said there is a lot of good benefits that come with it

Comment

Working...
                              X