When in the tree use your safety gear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When in the tree use your safety gear.

A fella I work with fell 18’ out of his ladder stand. He survived but is broke up pretty bad. Broken legs, a crushed vertebrae, had rods put in his back. Im not sure what else, but thats enough. Gonna miss a lot of work. Im assuming rehab is in his future.

The point is use your safety equipment please. I know it has saved me several times from falling. Stay safe.

Sorry to hear about your coworker. Hope he has a full and fast recovery.

Hunters Safety System Lifeline every time for me. I won’t get in a ladder stand or any other tree stand without one. It’s the most important piece of hunting gear a person can own in my opinion.

Comment

Yep

Comment

Never used to wear a harness. Strapped in now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddy didnt think he needed one. I talked to him about it awhile back, hardheaded, wouldnt listen.

Glad yall are using your harness

Comment

I need a harness to walk on level ground ! Dang sure ain’t climbing a tree.

Comment

I had an incident a few years back 20’ up in a tree. Harness saved my azz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Never climb without one

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I use a harness and lifeline. The most nervous I get is when hanging a stand and then securing the lifeline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've used a harness for several years now, but just got a lifeline this week. I'm really liking it...the 2 times I've used it.

Comment

As I have gotten older and heavier, I have hunted on the ground always, except for one well- anchored 8 ft. tripod with tree handholds, and a six foot high perch in a humongous oak. I fell 20 feet out of a post oak in 1989 (black ice), and luckily only broke my shoulder since I was wearing a cold weather insulated suit. Hunting eye to eye with the deer is fun and safer, but requires careful blind placement and less hunter movement than an elevated spot.

Comment

I have a once used size medium harness I’ll give to someone if they promise to wear it !

Comment

Now thats a deal

Comment

Working...
                          X