Dahmer: Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dahmer: Series

Who else has started watching this? I would say it's good but considering that person existed.....ehhh I don't know about that....ol' Jeffrey was a real jerk. A knucklehead if you will.

I thought it was pretty good, wild story for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      I thought it was pretty good, wild story for sure.
      What blows my mind most is how many times they could have caught him but didn't. Like right off the bat they could have.

Ignorance and racism kept him free for a lot longer than he should have been. Or just flat not caring in some cases. Makes you realize how gullible people are in some instances.

People talk about how cunning and intelligent some of these serial killers are. I don't think he was either. A lot of it had to do with circumstance. He was blatantly doing what he was doing a lot of times.
      Last edited by okrattler; 09-29-2022, 10:13 PM.

Comment

They did catch him right off the bat, very first episode .
        He definitely had nerve or lack of something else, if it went the way it's portrayed.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          They did catch him right off the bat, very first episode .
          He definitely had nerve or lack of something else, if it went the way it's portrayed.
          True.lol That's what I wonder. It may not have gone exactly that way. But if it did that's just wild.

One thing is for certain. That dude was one weird duck. That's putting it mildly. He was sick as sick can be.

In no way do I think it's a funny show but the part when his mother was leaving made me laugh. What she said about him never asking her to help with his animal projects in the garage. That really was hilarious. She was a different breed too. Son of a gun was loony.
          Last edited by okrattler; 09-29-2022, 10:47 PM.

Comment

It was a good series, lots of things I had forgotten about. I read somewhere that they followed actual events and details extremely close.

Comment

Originally posted by CassCounty View Post
              It was a good series, lots of things I had forgotten about. I read somewhere that they followed actual events and details extremely close.
              Man it was detailed. A little too detailed some of it. Pretty dang gross honestly. It's freakin creepy to think about man. I think so anyways.

My mom used to watch those stinkin crime shows all the time. I got to where I couldn't watch none of that. That junk will get you depressed if you watch too much of it.
              Last edited by okrattler; 09-29-2022, 10:54 PM.

Comment

They nailed it, to be honest, down to some pretty intricate details in alot of the scenes. And the guy who played Dahmer could win an Oscar for his performance; the mannerisms, voice, looks… he was incredible. My wife studied him in college (amongst many other serial killers) and I’ve watched a decent amount of the actual court hearings and interviews of the real Jeffrey Dahmer just out of curiosity.

The only thing I’ll say about the series is that it was pretty PG for what actually happened, and I suppose that’s a good thing. They could’ve really gotten dark and graphic but chose to keep it fairly clean.
                Last edited by BobbyJoe; 09-30-2022, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                  They nailed it, to be honest, down to some pretty intricate details in alot of the scenes. And the guy who played Dahmer could win an Oscar for his performance; the mannerisms, voice, looks… he was incredible. My wife studied him in college (amongst many other serial killers) and I’ve watched a decent amount of the actual court hearings and interviews of the real Jeffrey Dahmer just out of curiosity.

The only thing I’ll say about the series is that it was pretty PG for what actually happened, and I suppose that’s a good thing. They could’ve really gotten dark and graphic but chose to keep it fairly clean.
                  Looked just like the real guy. Or as close as they could have possibly gotten.

Yeah it was plenty graphic enough. Glad they didn't go into great detail.

The whole thing about his mom being all gooned out on drugs kind of shed some light on things. Had she not have been that way during her pregnancy things may have turned out differently. But then again maybe not. That whole family seemed weird as all get out.

Comment

I fell asleep first part of episode 3. I will have to start that over.

Comment

We started watching it last night. I had heard it's a pretty crazy series

Comment

Just finished episode 4 last night. He was definitely one weird dude that's for sure.

Comment

I turned it off. Too freaking creepy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

fell asleep in episode 2....

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                              What blows my mind most is how many times they could have caught him but didn't. Like right off the bat they could have.

Ignorance and racism kept him free for a lot longer than he should have been. Or just flat not caring in some cases. Makes you realize how gullible people are in some instances.

People talk about how cunning and intelligent some of these serial killers are. I don't think he was either. A lot of it had to do with circumstance. He was blatantly doing what he was doing a lot of times.
                              You fell for the narrative, didn't you?

I have not watched any of the series and nor do I intend to, especially after I heard they were going to spin it like they did. He wasn't caught right away because no one could fathom or comprehend what he was doing at the time. He was charismatic, charming, pleasant. (I have found that charismatic people can be the most deceptive and I instantly do not trust charismatics until they prove they are trustworthy.)

I lived through that time period and it was the most shocking, disgusting horror anyone had ever heard of. I mean, he ATE his victims! The book Silence of the Lambs was based on him.

Comment

Working...
                              X