New Remington offering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Remington offering.

Anyone see the new rifle Remington is bringing out soon?

Very interesting. Glad to see them bring a higher quality offering to the table and leave the economy gun game alone.

Depending on price point and calibers offered I’d sure like to get my hands on one.

Pretty nice, looks like its threaded too.

Flinch at :57

Comment

I'm interested what price point they will be offering this at. I personally feel Remington has been overpriced for a while now compared to other manufacturers firearms with similar features.

Comment

Looks like the 788 and 700 had a kid.

Comment

Now we will have to play the same games as with Savage when we buy scope bases or after market parts for Remington, doesn’t look like it does anything for me that my old Remington doesn’t do but I never had the issues everyone on line talks about.

Comment

That looks nice but it won't amount to anything if it's crap like everything they produce over the last 25 years. Time will tell though. Hopefully they're back in the game.

Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
            Flinch at :57
            LOL I saw that too

Comment

I'm glad to see they're stepping out of their 30 year old box and trying to be competitive with a feature rich rifle.

Hopefully the quality is up there with others in the factory offering and price is competitive. They have a huge hurdle to overcome with the likes of Bergara, Tikka, Savage and Browning. Not to mention the simi-customs like Fierce and Seekins at the $2k price point.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                I'm glad to see they're stepping out of their 30 year old box and trying to be competitive with a feature rich rifle.

Hopefully the quality is up there with others in the factory offering and price is competitive. They have a huge hurdle to overcome with the likes of Bergara, Tikka, Savage and Browning. Not to mention the simi-customs like Fierce and Seekins at the $2k price point.
                The question is "who is they?" Remington itself is gone. It was sold piecemeal, and I don't recall who bought the gun portion of the business.

Comment

New Remington offering.

It seems like they finally listened to a lot of the complaints from the past. AG Stock, a decent Timney trigger, side bolt release, faster twists, better throat lengths, prefit compatibility, and just better QC will be a huge upgrade from the junk rifles Remington has been putting out in the last 10-15 years. I’m looking forward to handling one and think it will do pretty good if they can get MSRP under $1500 and keep their QC in check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Raider4044; 09-28-2022, 09:30 AM.

Comment

It will have to gain a reputation to shoot out of the box like a tikka to gain any traction like the 700 of old.

Comment

Not impressed

Comment

Kinda reminds me of what they did with the 870 "fieldmaster." Take an 870 express, put a slightly better finish , throw some low grade walnut on it, and do a tiny bit of smoothing on the action. Voila, a new gun that is better than the last 10 years, but still junk compared to the original. Hopefully they'll make a decent rifle with some of the "custom" features that are in right now, but I don't trust Remington not to throw a stock and trigger on a econo gun and call it good.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what comes of it. With all the issues Remington had with QC etc.. I bet everyone who tests them out and gets their hands on them first to review them will do their best to gut it. I hope it regains the respect that was lost.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                            It will be interesting to see what comes of it. With all the issues Remington had with QC etc.. I bet everyone who tests them out and gets their hands on them first to review them will do their best to gut it. I hope it regains the respect that was lost.
                            I’m optimistic for it. Hope to see the big green regain a little respect.
                            Time will tell though

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post

They have a lot of ground to make up and stiff competition as you mentioned. I'm afraid they aren't going to make the price point though.

As far as the gun I like the extended magazine and faster twist but the straight trigger doesn't belong on a precision rifle.

Comment

Working...
                              X