Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 shooters - which one would you shoot?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 shooters - which one would you shoot?!

In just a few more days, most won't be able to sleep in anticipation of the next sunrise on opening morning! In preparation for all the fun.......here's your scenario:

Its opening morning, break of dawn....and the bucks start showing up one at a time. All of a sudden you have multiple shooters (heavyweight with double drops, giant mainframe typ 10 and super WIDE big 8) all within range and plenty of light.

All monster bucks in every respect, which (ONE) would shoot and why?

P.S. This is completely hypothetical and for amusement purposes only. We all know this was a drought year

So, which would your arrow be pointing at? If someone does end up shooting something like this....you darn well better post it up!

Here is some eye candy to help you decide:
    Buck #1 Heavy weight with double drops
    Buck #2 Giant typical mainframe 10
    Buck #3 Superwide BIG 8
    Attached Files

1,2 and 3

Comment

#2, its a typical and doesn't look freakish.

Comment

Since I’ve never killed big deer, I’ll probably shoot none of them after I die from a massive heart attack in the blind with a smile on my face.

Another option is I’m a two buck county with no restrictions so maybe I line up two of them with one arrow?

I would be torn. Severely. I’ve never killed a 10, a deer with a drop, or a super wide deer, so any of them would be a deer of a lifetime for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is tough. Big 8 points are by far my favorite, and although I don't really like the look of #1, I think I'd have to go with him due to the double drops.

Comment

All are amazing deer that I would be over the moon to see, much less arrow…but, to me #1 and #3 are super unique…I honestly think #3 is the most “Texas” deer of the 3…plus, I love a big 8!

Comment

#1! Because out of the three which I'd probably never see again by themselves the rest of my life, I'm by far the least likely to see the drop tine buck again based on how its gone the last thirty years. If I squint hard enough I can talk myself into at least a decent chance at a poor man's #2 or #3 in the foreseeable future.

Cool post to get some insight on how others see things. Trophies are what you make of them!

Comment

Numero 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Numero uno !

Comment

1 with 3 a close second

Comment

Either the drop tine because I haven't seen one in the wild, or the 10 because I haven't shot one. Any of them would be great.

Comment

I would choose - #1

Comment

I read too much TTHA magazine as a kid. I'd shoot at the double drops

Comment

The first one that showed up.

Comment

Working...
                              X