Snake I.D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake I.D.

Hint. This one sometimes eats other snakes especially small rattlebugs. This is one of two that live in an old stump in Sterling county in the front yard of a ranch house. One is about 6ft and the other close to 7ft long.
    Attached Files

Coachwhip

Comment

Coachwhip?

Comment

Out lookin for food
        Attached Files

Comment

Safely relocated back to it's den. https://www.facebook.com/stephen.pan...71697206173918

6 years ago and they still there and gettin bigger.

Comment

Had one in the barn 2 weeks ago looked just like him. Probably 5'or so. Pushed him out the door.

Comment

I have one that lives in my fee shed. He has really done a good job keeping the mice down. My wife is even getting used to him. She hardly screams now when she sees it.

Comment

Beautiful.
                Congrats on living in harmony with nature !

Comment

Great post!

Comment

I brake for coachwhips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have only seen two coachwhips ever, the last one, was that color. That one, is much bigger than the one we had on our property a few years ago.

Comment

Aren’t coachwhips the ones that can glide across tall grass about 3X the speed of light? Nothing should be able to move that fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Aren’t coachwhips the ones that can glide across tall grass about 3X the speed of light? Nothing should be able to move that fast.

They can haul balls. So can racers though too. And they bite like crazy if you grab one.

Coachwhips will play dead too. I don't know if many people know that but they'll do it. And they're better at it than a hognose. If you flip a hognose on its stomach it'll roll right back over. Western Coachwhips will go limp and won't move no matter what you do. I thought I killed one once and put it in a pillowcase and he came back to life.

Comment

They also zip along at warp speed with their head about a foot off the ground

Comment

I read where they can move along at 4 mph which is 2x faster than I can run nowadays. It's crazy how fast they can run down a mouse or rat or whatever crawly thing they after. https://youtu.be/1x_gWW-1z1s?t=184
                              Last edited by muzzlebrake; 09-24-2022, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X