Torn bicep tendon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torn bicep tendon?

I think its a proximal bicep tendon tear. Messing with a **** tire. I hit the gym today and did curls and could tell I needed to stop. Then an hour later I went to grab a tire and heard what sounded like 2 pops. Pain shout thru my upper body for about 20 seconds. I do have Dr appt in morn at 8 am. Right now im not in much pain. Feels like a Charley horse if I use my arm wrong is about it. My muscle is definitely different now though. How many of you have had this and didnt do surgery? How are you doing now?

I had to have mine pulled back up and reattached. If it’s not sitting on your shoulder or down around your elbow some rest & TLC may be the answer. Dr will know more after MRI

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      I had to have mine pulled back up and reattached. If it’s not sitting on your shoulder or down around your elbow some rest & TLC may be the answer. Dr will know more after MRI
      My dad had to have this done a few years ago. He was messing with a dang tire as well. He said his muscle was just hanging by his elbow. Mines not hanging but its not the same as it used to be. Hopefully no surgery needed. I already know I cant use a bow.

Comment

I tore my distal bicep tendon last year. Sounded like bubble wrap getting popped when I did it and my bicep went up my arm about 3”. My 1 year surgery date is actually tomorrow. Surgery went well and really wasn’t that painful. I was able to do some rifle hunting last season, just couldn’t lift anything over a few pounds for a few months (if I tried it let me know). I just starting hitting the gym again about 4 weeks ago and so far so good on getting my strength back.

Comment

Yea if it is in its normal place you very well may be able to lay up and the body heal itself and reattach. When it’s sitting on the elbow not much choice

Comment

I did one about 20 years ago.. it still gives a pain at times. Did the other one about 12 months ago. Same thing.

Not fun

Comment

My pulled loose...snapped like a rubber band.

I didn't want to look like Popeye so I got it fixed at the Tom Landry Sports Medicine Center.

Comment

I’ve done it twice. One surgery and one not surgery. My left arm I tore my bicep back in late Feb. elected not to have surgery since I had just had foot surgery and didn’t want to deal with both. As of today it’s better but not 100% strength wise. Probably 75-80%

Comment

Tore mine back in 2015, had surgery because I was young, active and didn't want to look like Popeye.

After 3 months I was able to start working out light and build it back up.

I would have surgery again. Sure you can live with a complete tear but why?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks y’all. I’ll inform of what the doc says. I’m hoping for no surgery. Leaving for an elk hunt in 7 weeks. Not a bow hunt luckily.

Comment

I tore mine in 2013. Never got fixed. I wish I would of some days. Bass fishing bothers me when I set the hook using plastic baits.

Comment

If it’s a tendon tear or rupture get it fixed. I ruptered my tendon and had to have it fixed, reattached . Sounded like a 22 going off and felt it through out my right side. Two screws in the elbow to fix. About a 3 hour surgery . Had to reattach bicep and tendon.

Comment

I tore mine in my left arm. Herd and felt a pop. Mine never detached though. Rest and lots of stretching. That was several months ago. I still have pain when I lift to much weight.

Comment

Was loading feed out of trailer and I tore my tendon off the bone in my forearm, my bicep went up on the edge of my shoulder. Drove myself to the hospital with my arm on top of my head, that was only way it did not hurt. Old sawbones had to get a long pair of needle nose pliers and pull the bicep back down and reattached the tendon to a drywall screw he drove in my forearm bone. (Floresville hospital has a Mccoys lumber yard across from them for emergency supplies)He had to make a big cut to get them pliers up in there. I was gimped up for a while. I dont recommend getting worked on in Floresville, I knowed of a man that went in there for a nut cutting and come out missing his appendix. they is a animal doctor up in the holler a ways that does more better work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	arm2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	24692929

Click image for larger version

Name:	arm3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	24692930

Comment

Originally posted by Trophy7 View Post
                              I tore my distal bicep tendon last year. Sounded like bubble wrap getting popped when I did it and my bicep went up my arm about 3”. My 1 year surgery date is actually tomorrow. Surgery went well and really wasn’t that painful. I was able to do some rifle hunting last season, just couldn’t lift anything over a few pounds for a few months (if I tried it let me know). I just starting hitting the gym again about 4 weeks ago and so far so good on getting my strength back.
                              Same here Halloween of last year surgery went well and needed no PT. could not pick up anything heavier than a pound for 3 months. If you need a brace let me know Ill send you mine Left Arm

Comment

Working...
                              X