Need a good travel backpack and carry on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for something that I can use for work…tired of lugging junk.

Maybe a good bag that will hold laptop and change of clothes/toiletries.

Also a rugged but smaller that I can check in with a handgun?

Any ideas…I feel like every time I fly or overnight that this cheap crap breaks even more

I use a Duluth laptop bag and it's got plenty of room for a lot of stuff for an overnighter. They have a lot of good bags. Had mine for 7 or 8 years and still works great and looks great

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff
    Last edited by Chew; 09-17-2022, 02:22 PM.

Comment

I got a digital camo ruck sack from the Army if you want durability

Comment

It ain't cheap, but you'll never have to replace it. www.saddlebackleather.com

Comment

I have a Maxpedition CCW pack with laptop sleeve. Super functional and does not look like a tactical pack. Literally none of my coworkers have any idea I have my Sig365 and extra mag stashed in the CCW pocket. Great for biz travel

Click image for larger version

Name:	CB2F5048-9D2B-4C1C-897D-2E56F87A0DBC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	24692622

Comment

I’ve had a vertex gamut 2.0 for about a year now. Good pack, lots of organizational space. The organization is why I bought it. CCW space in the back with space for body armor as well. Laptop sleeve is padded real nice. Good price tag with it as well.

I’ve never flown with mine but I love the big clamshell design, completely opens and will lay flat. I’ve stuffed it pretty good a few times for overnight/2 night trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Jeremy7306; 09-17-2022, 03:17 PM.

Comment

I got a Golden Pacific 4 zipper day pack as part of a race packet back in 2000 at a Louisiana Triathlon. It's been a great pack. I use it almost every day to work and back. It's a very heavy denier. Looking at their website, I don't see the exact model I have. It may have been a special order, as there is some custom stitching/embroidery for that 20th Anniversary race.
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-17-2022, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Take a look at the Oakley Kitchen Sink. I have a friend who is on a ESU/swat team outside Atlanta and these are the packs they use when they split up on jobs. He recommended it to me and it is built better than any pack I have ever seen. A million pockets with a few specialty ones for a laptop, hard shell for sun glasses, steel cables that help the pack keep its shape. It has metal loops for clipping carabiners and other items. Order it from Amazon, you can always return it. This pack is built like no other. Mine is my bug out pack.

Comment

Oakley, Columbia, Ogio all make good stuff. I used to travel constantly and used the urban assist from Columbia and Oakley kitchen sink. The Oakley bag fits a hard hat perfectly on the hard shell part. I never check bags though, have had to much stuff lost.

Comment

Tom Bihn

TOM BIHN has been designing and making travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Comment

I bought an Osprey Farpoint to take to Europe. It can “convert” to a carryon but I’ve only used it as a backpack.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                        I bought an Osprey Farpoint to take to Europe. It can “convert” to a carryon but I’ve only used it as a backpack.
                        That’s a good bag. Also the Osprey porter.

Comment

Funny this thread pops up. I work out of my backpack everyday. I am also looking/researching a new laptop backpack. Currently I have a Swiss brand. It has been great. When I travel I travel overnight. I will use it for clothes, toiletries etc. Unless I have to wear something more than a polo and pants.

Seeing the Oakley brand has me looking at them. The Ogio brand I noticed this past week while at training is common. Nice looking bags.

I'm rough on equipment. Plus my typical work environment is rough on equipment. So a good sturdy bag I am willing to pay good money for. I've had this Swiss bag 15yrs or so.

Comment

5.11 Rush Series. I have the 72. Expensive but its tough. Your great grandkids will be playing with it one day.

5.11 Tactical RUSH72 Military Backpack, Molle Bag Rucksack Pack, 55 Liter Large, Style 58602 https://a.co/d/1IDzQLC

Comment

I use this for work and absolutely love it. A few of my coworkers have since got one as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X