Look at how much money we saved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at how much money we saved!

Am I the only one that hates that phrase?

Look at how much money we saved.

Yeah, but look at how much you are spending. If you didn’t spend that money then you would have saved a whole lot more. Maybe it is just a way for people to justify the money they spent. I dunno…….. Anyone else feel the same way?

My wife's favorite saying! Wait, that was the ex-wife

Comment

My wife was the world’s worst about that, 20+ years ago.

Babe, it was on sale!!!!

Hon, you still spent money that didn’t need to be spent, and on something we really didn’t need.

On sale does not equal free. I can not even begin to estimate how many times I told her exactly that.

Comment

.....it was on "Sale".....

I know a lovely lady who falls for this one every time.

At least it makes her feel better when I ask about it....

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
          My wife was the world’s worst about that, 20+ years ago.

Babe, it was on sale!!!!

Hon, you still spent money that didn’t need to be spent, and on something we really didn’t need.

On sale does not equal free. I can not even begin to estimate how many times I told her exactly that.
          You beat me to it.

You know they laugh it off in the sewing circle about how gullable we are to buy the "on sale" excuse......

Comment

I've got un-shot guns in the safe that I saved a lot of money on!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
              You beat me to it.

You know they laugh it off in the sewing circle about how gullable we are to buy the "on sale" excuse......
              Don’t get me wrong, she could question me about archery oriented purchases I make, but she doesn’t because she hunts too so I always look out for her when buying.

That said, it’s definitely more affordable now than it was then because we both make significantly more many now than we did in our early - late 20’s but I absolutely still budget the non essential spending.

Comment

I saved 40% on an order off Sitka's website the other day. Saved like $300!

Comment

Classic

My mom use to tell my dad when I was a kid this all the time and 1 time she told him, look at all these shirts they were buy 1 get one free, look at all the money I saved.
                  He looked her dead in the eyes and he said, think about how much money you would save if you didn't buy any

I've used this phrase a time or 2

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                    Don’t get me wrong, she could question me about archery oriented purchases I make, but she doesn’t because she hunts too so I always look out for her when buying.

That said, it’s definitely more affordable now than it was then because we both make significantly more many now than we did in our early - late 20’s but I absolutely still budget the non essential spending.

If you don’t budget for the non-essential stuff then that is how a LOT of people end up in financial ruin, regardless of what your income is or how large your bank account is.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                      If you don’t budget for the non-essential stuff then that is how a LOT of people end up in financial ruin, regardless of what your income is or how large your bank account is.
                      Words of wisdom right there.

Comment

but its 0% interest! its like free money!

-real quote

Comment

heard a guy tell a story about his wife coming home with two very expensive dresses she bought. She laid them out on the bed and said "how do you like these?"

He got mad and said "we can't afford two new dresses"

She said "ok, I understand. I will take one of them back."

He said thank you thinking he had saved some money.

All she ever wanted in the first place was the one dress.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                            Please come talk with my wife, her mother and sister!
                            I doubt it will sink in I been trying for 20 something years.

“ what’s all this stuff for ? “
                            “ oh HEB had a 1/2 off if we bought sour cream and popsicles combo “
                            “ but we don’t need sour cream and popsicles! “
                            “ yes , but we might “

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                              I saved 40% on an order off Sitka's website the other day. Saved like $300!
                              See there it does work!

I saved over $20k on a new travel trailer last week.
                              Durn thing almost paid for itself

Comment

Working...
                              X