2022-2023 caddo national grasslands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022-2023 caddo national grasslands

Anybody getting out to hunt this area this year? I’ve been hunting it for the past 3 years. Have no problem getting on the does but the bucks have been a little sparse to me. It would be cool to have a group of guys to really hit it hard this year and finally figure this place out.

Are you talking about the place southwest of Paris?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
      Are you talking about the place southwest of Paris?
      Yes sir.

Comment

From what I could see there’s a lot of little pockets 15 minutes from the house. They don’t look stellar from the map - but not horrible either. I would assume the little parcels get overlooked by the majority.

Comment

is this the place that has a river running towrds to mid/back end of the property? Borders a hunting club on one side-at least it use to?
          Last edited by lubbockdave; 09-02-2022, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Following this. I am interested. Not sure about how much time I will have this year but this is one of the closest most promising spots for me.

Comment

I too have been hunting Caddo for the last 3 years. I have harvest data reports from tpwd for 2018-2020 seasons. I'd be down for exchanging some scouting/hunting info with you. PM me and we can chat.
              Last edited by 1sickLT1; 09-03-2022, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Is this place overrun during the general season?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                  Is this place overrun during the general season?
                  Yes, it can be very crowed on weekends during the General Season.

Comment

hunted there 20 yrs ago-early archery season was not crowded at all-heck mid week we had the place to ourselves most of the time. hogs GALORE! doe, buck all over the place-closer to gun season to fewer critter we saw-no reason at all to go opening day of gun season-went once and over heard some of the fellas gathering one saturday evening and one dude was talking about how he got 4 "sounds shots off today" My dad asked, what a sound shot was...dude replies "I heard something in the bushes so I shot" Dad almost got into a fight right then and there-we packed up and left never to return unless it was mid week archery

Comment

Heading out to Caddo to do some scouting next weekend. Have looked at this place on the map and passed by it several times. Just never pulled the trigger on actually setting foot on the place.

Comment

There’s only a few spots that I will venture into the woods here. The grass lands is WAY over crowded and the majority of the people out there should not be allowed. I wasn’t ever in Vietnam but that’s the feeling you get in a lot of spots, it’s crazy.

Comment

I thought this place was a draw only. I wanted to bowhunt it.

Comment

Shooting a doe during rifle season is through draw only.

Comment

I've hunted it off and on for a few years now. Gun season is definitely crowded. Like hike in two miles and still have hunters walking under your stand talking on radios about 50 yards apart lol. That being said, there are deer and hogs out there. Just got to put in the miles.

Comment

Working...
                              X