Bringing him home boys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing him home boys!!

It’s been a LONG TIME since I’ve been on TBH. Moved to CO and just quit visiting the site. Well last year I got lucky and bagged a nice public land bull. Got the call yesterday that he’s gonna be ready to come home next week and was wondering what people use to hang. I know stud is best and have a spot if he will fit. If not and I have to go to drywall, what’s the recommendations for hanging equipment ?
    Attached Files

Nice one! Congrats!

Comment

That's a gooden! I personally would be leery of hanging a mount of that size in drywall. If you can access the back side maybe scab a board in for mounting it to.

Comment

I'd cut out enough drywall to screw a block into the studs, then fix the drywall.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I'd cut out enough drywall to screw a block into the studs, then fix the drywall.
          Second this.....drywall and 45lbs hanging is not a great idea.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Studs are usually 16" on center so I don't think 8" one way or the other will make that much difference. I've never had your problem but I would think a single load point on a stud would hang that bad boy.

Comment

What area is this if you don’t mind sharing? Can send me a pm if you’d like so its not out public.

The terrain Looks identical to some private land I hunted last year in southern Colorado.

Comment

Hey BigRed
                  I don’t mind sharing an area. It’s public land so it’s not mine to protect and squirrel away. I won’t give the unit but it’s southern Colorado west of walsenburg.

Comment

NO WAY you hang that on sheer sheetrock. Either hit a stud or back the area with 2x4 as others have mentioned. Also best to use a lag bolt and not some dinky 2" dry wall screw !

Comment

What i ended up having to do to ensure i hit a stud and was centered up was move the mounting plate on the back of the animal all the way to one side. On an elk that usually gives you plenty of room to play with the hang it exactly where you like it and still be on a stud.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        What Dale said !

Oh, and Congrats !!

Comment

Nice Bull... Congrats.
                          Wish I had the problem of how to hang one...LOL.

Comment

Welcome back, tbeak - I hope you visit us more often and give us lots of hunting Colorado stories.

Comment

drywall screw should hold it, no problem!

Comment

Working...
                              X