Costa Rica booked need info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costa Rica booked need info

Wife has been wanting an adventure type vacation so I booked us in Tamarindo in June. First order of business is finding a half day charter. I’m not sure where to start.
    Would also like suggestions for other activities. She wants to zip line. I’ve already done the world’s longest zip line so I thought I was done with that but no such luck. Ugh

Staying at Jardin Del Eden based totally on trip advisor reviews. It’s refundable so I’m looking for input there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would probably count on doing a full day rather than a half day charter. My wife and I went to Quepos 8 years ago and just booked for the whole family to go next March for Spring Break. Not sure about Tamarindo but the white water rafting and water fall hiking in Quepos was awesome. I'm sure you will find plenty to do. Costa Rica is my favorite vacation spot.

Comment

Wish I’d gone to some of the hot springs near the volcanoes while is was there.

There are rainbow trout in some of the mountain streams.

I went on an ATV tour through the jungle that was a lot of fun. We got to swim and jump off rock ledges into a plunge pool below a waterfall.

Comment

I spend alot of time down there
        What is your comfort zone w driving around?

Alot of the places are unmarked roads but totally worth the cruise..

Check out avellanas for a day trip you will love the small beach and amazing bar and grill.

Also never go anywhere without your passport they can and will impound your vehicle and take you to jail.. trust me on this one

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
          Wife has been wanting an adventure type vacation so I booked us in Tamarindo in June. First order of business is finding a half day charter. I’m not sure where to start.
          Would also like suggestions for other activities. She wants to zip line. I’ve already done the world’s longest zip line so I thought I was done with that but no such luck. Ugh

Staying at Jardin Del Eden based totally on trip advisor reviews. It’s refundable so I’m looking for input there too.

Stayed at Jardin on business a few years ago and loved it. Food was great, had a spa on porch if I remember right.

Comment

In for info. Could be our next big trip

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
              Stayed at Jardin on business a few years ago and loved it. Food was great, had a spa on porch if I remember right.

Yep, that’s what I booked with jacuzzi on the porch. Looking forward to a cold drink and Cuban cigar sitting in that thing… among other activities.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                I spend alot of time down there
                What is your comfort zone w driving around?
                I plan to drive all over. If I can drive from Ponce to Arecibo in Puerto Rico I’m confident I can drive anywhere in the world[emoji23]

Comment

I highly recommend Rigo Suave CR. Look him up on Facebook. I took my family on an adventure with him. We road horses to the top of a mountain, Zip lined (like 10 runs) swam in a hot spring, and rode a really cool water slide. My kids were 5 and 2 at the time and they zip lined with us. He picks you up in a van and feeds you.

Comment

Thanks for all the inputs, TTT for more.

Comment

We stayed at the Nayara in Tamarindo-awesome hotel. We fished with Costa Rica Sport Fishing and did pretty well. Great crew but the owner is a c+ at best

The family did a night time nature tour to watch the sea turtles lay eggs and had a Jaguar show up. I stayed at the hotel but they all came back raving about it.

Comment

Got my fishing booked.
                        Emailed Rigo Suave but haven’t heard back yet. Still needing to book some kind of hiking, zip line thing.
                        Bump for more feedback.

Comment

Los Suenos resort is very nice, fished with Maverick charters and caught lots of marlin
                          Attached Files

Comment

Changed plans and decide to upgrade to the Westin Playa Conchal. Cancelled my fishing out of Tamarindo. Now we need tours and fishing up closer to the Westin. Planning to golf there as well.

Comment

I'm currently sitting (mildly drunk) at a house on Playa Flamingo.
                              We have fishing set up on Thursday so I'll send a report but we had a sailboat cruise today from 10-4 that was fantastic. Serendipity is the charter. Highly recommend - great for kids, as well. Took us to a secluded beach- made lunch and we dove, fished and relaxed. Solid crew.

Comment

Working...
                              X