Tipods in Mesquite Trees ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tipods in Mesquite Trees ?

How do yall hunt with tipods in mesquite tree ?

I've never hunted a tipod!! Lol

I did put a tripod up once but we some really tall mesquite trees.

Comment

Are you asking because they lose all of there leaves in the winter unlike oaks? To answer your question we have a ladder stand up in a mesquite tree and they don't ever notice me. However, i think it's more of an issue when they are approaching because they can silhouette you a lot easier so you really have to be still.

Comment

yes sir I was thinking you could build a wall or something behind you and sides

Comment

Hog panel with brush woven into it. This year I'm using an old artificial Christmas tree in the hag panel.

Comment

There always a way , just figuring it out is the problem . Lol

Comment

Camo netting works for me

Comment

I have one and honestly by the time the leaves fall, I'm shooting a rifle.

It's great during the bow only season.

Comment

Camo tarp around you.

Comment

I have it all nestled in...zip tied some branches to surround me...so even without the leaves...I look like a big ol cluster of branches...and when I'm inside, there's no telling the difference.

Comment

I've sat in a Y of a bare mesquite tree not that high off the ground (killed deer out of it). Draw when there is an opportunity and you don't need total concealment.

Comment

Just back that tripod up in there as far as it can go. Trim limbs where you need to but leave as much as possible. Cram brush or cedar limbs behind you and around you to break up your shape. Or buy the $14 camo mesh from walmart

Comment

I have beeter success hunting on the ground when in mesquite using a long coat ghille.

Comment

I've hunted a tripod in cedars with great concealment but a mesquite sounds very tough to hunt out of. I'm sure it can be done though.

Comment

This. You will have to do a little bit of work but it is worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X