What it means to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What it means to me

This year has been an azz whipping for our business. Our numbers are down, we are 25% short handed, one of our best guys is probably leaving to be closer to family. I had Covid like a lot of folks and I guess it likes my lungs because here it remains (mostly just inconvenient).

Yesterday was opening morning. I had the blessing of being able to give my son my truck and buy a new one. My wife loves our ranch as much as I do even though she doesn’t hunt. All three of my children came out to eat steaks i over cooked. They all love me enough not to lie about it but claimed they tasted great anyway. I got to meet a TBH member and bought a blind from him. Better than advertised-thank you sir. My kids and I set it up together. Mowed the yard at the ranch. I under dressed and I’m freezing my *** off. We saw a ton of good stuff yesterday. this morning I rode out to the deer woods with my son.
    I love my pain in the Fanny life. This time of year reminds me how blessed I am. Be cool to shoot-but my opening weekend is totally complete already.

There is always a bright side and it sounds like you raised some good kids.

Good luck with the hunt and the biz

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

You’ve just reminded us that you won’t know how blessed you are untill you know what a blessing looks like. Thanks for the reminder buddy.

Comment

Being thankful in the midst...it's where the Bible teaches us true joy comes from. You're doing well sir. Quite well!
        Thanks for being an example to everyone, especially your family.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well played. I'm on standby in the hill country after rolling in at midnight. Coyotes yeppin all around at dark thirty. Nothing decent on camera. Saints gonna look horrible in London. Single owl hootin in the distance. Turkeys just flew off the roost 100 yds away. Nicely chilled morning. But most importantly my daughter just texted from Nashville and said, "this F1 race is gonna have a bunch of wrecks".....bwahaha!!!![emoji1787] Dang, life is wonderful!!!![emoji898][emoji120][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts.Even in trialsome times most of us have it better than most.Pain sickness and disappointment is no fun but dang we have a lot to be thankful for.I’m dealing with some long term illness which kept me from the hunt this morning myself.I got a little extra rest and will head to church with my family in a little while so a good Sunday anyway.I may come home and overcook a few steaks myself that’s a good idea.Enjoy your day sir sounds like you’re a blessed man too,keep up the good work.

Comment

Amen! We are super blessed. I killed a doe near the house yesterday and the kids got to take a LDP with dad. Got to spend some time with my brother and parents and some good friends yesterday. It's been a fantastic weekend. I'm only a little mad for not capitalizing in an opportunity this morning.

Comment

Sounds like you are blessed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Blessed for shure.
                  We only have to look around us to see!

Comment

Good thread. Thanks

Comment

Sounds like you got it made!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment