No announcement yet.

New Remington offering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not sure what you guys that aren’t impressed with it are thinking.

90% of rifles folks build have every one of those features.

Great stock maker. Decent trigger. Quality DBM and a long OAL capability. The easiest scope ring system to mount a scope on. Fluting. Threading. One piece(much stronger) bolt body with interchangeable knobs. Fluted bolt. Cerakote. Side bolt release.

They checked every box you can except for the grip angle.

If it shoots it’ll be a home run for them.

Comment

Bergara clone?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        I’m not sure what you guys that aren’t impressed with it are thinking.

90% of rifles folks build have every one of those features.

Great stock maker. Decent trigger. Quality DBM and a long OAL capability. The easiest scope ring system to mount a scope on. Fluting. Threading. One piece(much stronger) bolt body with interchangeable knobs. Fluted bolt. Cerakote. Side bolt release.

They checked every box you can except for the grip angle.

If it shoots it’ll be a home run for them.
        Agreed

Comment

There are some interesting changes there. I would hope they offer many of those features with other 700 models. Not bad, not bad. I am curious about the price?

Comment

Looks like a better rifle than they've put out in a long time... BUT, c'mon man (in my best molester in chief voice) hammer forged barrels? Yeah, fine they're mass producing but at least go with some decent button rifled barrels if you're gonna market this thing with all the bells and whistles of some pseudo-custom stuff.

Comment

I for one am glad to see them finally listen to the market. I hope they come back in strong fashion.

There is a reason that they are the most copied pattern on the market for custom actions and yuuuuuggggeee aftermarket support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
                Pretty nice, looks like its threaded too.

Flinch at :57

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It's the offspring of the Rem 700 that had sEx with a Browning X-bolt offspring that had SeX with a Savage that was bred to a Bergara. It's the trigger that worries me.

Comment

Pure ugliness... Cheap looking black, plastic, junk like that dam sure isn't what made Remington famous and once so popular.. The pretty wood and deep, high luster, bluing on a BDL and an 1100 did that.. And the 700's out of the box accuracy..
                    Now just more ugly black and cheap molded plastic.. SMDH..
                    Last edited by PondPopper; 09-29-2022, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      Pure ugliness... Cheap looking black, plastic, junk like that dam sure isn't what made Remington famous and once so popular.. The pretty wood and deep, high luster, bluing on a BDL and an 1100 did that.. And the 700's out of the box accuracy..
                      You need to do some research on AG Composites. They ain’t cheap plastic. That was an excellent move on Remingtons part. While I too enjoy pretty wood stocks, that’s not what moves these days.

Comment

You need to do some research on AG Composites. They ain’t cheap plastic. That was an excellent move on Remingtons part. While I too enjoy pretty wood stocks, that’s not what moves these days.
                        If the pretty wood still existed they would out sell black plastic guns 5 to 1 but pretty wood is very expensive and black plastic or composite is much cheaper, fast and easy.. That is the real reason gun manufacturers went with it.. It was soley based on cost savings and it shows..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post

First of all, AG Composite stocks are not cheap, nor are they made of plastic. They are carbon fiber and used on tons of custom rifles. No comparison to some of the Tupperware stocks you see on lots of budget rifles.

I love a nice wood/blued rifle as well, but this isn’t 1970. I’d venture to say composite stocked rifles out sell wood at least 10:1. I imagine they will eventually come out with a wood model, but it would be stupid for them to not start of with a quality composite option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You beat me to it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Composites were developed for accuracy & hunting...they do not absorb moisture like a traditional wooden stock.

It would be cheaper to slap on a plain no-grained woody.

Comment

Looks to be an awesome gun, can’t wait to get my hands on one. The last Remington I bought was an AWR. To me it was a nice rifle but I moved away from it due to accuracy issues. Hopefully this new one will shoot like my old sendero’s.

Comment

Working...
                                X