What’s the deal on these “Massive Land Sale! 2 days only!”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s the deal on these “Massive Land Sale! 2 days only!”

You’ve all seen them in magazines and emails and such. Usually with something like 25 lots available, log cabin with 2 acre packages starting at $89,999! Usually by a lake or river.

I’ve always chalked it up to a bait and switch with high pressure sales once you get there. But maybe some are legit? Anyone been to one of these?

It’s marketing. Very hectic, very high pressure. There will be 1-2 “deals” at the starting price.

Lots of fun to sell at.

Comment

Get flyers often about F-burg for # of acres with a barndo for X # of $. Goes in the trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Double C View Post
        You’ve all seen them in magazines and emails and such. Usually with something like 25 lots available, log cabin with 2 acre packages starting at $89,999! Usually by a lake or river.

I’ve always chalked it up to a bait and switch with high pressure sales once you get there. But maybe some are legit? Anyone been to one of these?
        They had one across the road from us several years ago. 10 acres and one room cabin, no utilities, for $159,000. 27 lots, all sold on the first day.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

They’re selling complete subdivisions here in less than 24 hrs.
          Once they announce it’s coming, people be standing in line with their check books in hand.

Comment

Sounds stupid but people do it every day I’m sure

Comment

We went to look at one of these in Segovia a couple weeks ago. They had 46 lots and by the time we arrived, 36 were already sold. It's crazy how fast they sell places like this.

Comment

It’s a 2 day land sale deal.

Comment

My buddy and his wife bought one. They all arrived at the grand opening event. At 11a.m. sharp the whistle sounded and everyone there made a mad dash to claim their lot. He said it was a madhouse. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                    My buddy and his wife bought one. They all arrived at the grand opening event. At 11a.m. sharp the whistle sounded and everyone there made a mad dash to claim their lot. He said it was a madhouse. lol
                    Sounds like Oklahoma land rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Double C View Post

i hate when see those. Chopping up big parcels to stack 100s of people in. The last thing i want is to be trapped around 100 other 2-5 acres lots with ppl everywhere. Defeats the purpose of land ownership IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                        It’s a 2 day land sale deal.
                        The one across the rd from me was a 2 day but they all sold the first day

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sad. Hate seeing this happen to our state.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
                            Sad. Hate seeing this happen to our state.
                            Yep pretty depressing to see. Money has definitely taken over and the rancher is getting rich off stupidity.

Comment

Information I am hearing says it may happen near me. Not looking forward to a bunch of overnight country folk burning up the county road on 4 wheelers and mules.

Comment

Working...
                              X