No announcement yet.

Phone besides iPhone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been happy with my S3, S7, and now S20. The first two lasted about 4 years each before I decided I wanted to upgrade. Some folks can't stand android, I can't stand iPhones, so pick whichever tickles your fancy. They're all consumer grade junk that is outdated as soon as you buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      Have had an I Phone forever, wife has a Samsung. It is a POS. Texts, Messenger and all may or may not come thru until the next day. Same when sending.
      My guess that is an iphone message not coming thru. There is a setting to correct that, but it is actually caused in the way an ios sends messages doen't work well outside of IOS operating systems. Also there are a few settings in SMS on how to handle different messages. Either way by bet it is a setting. She has A LOT of control over her phone and how it operates, but it is a learning curve

In settings:general management:date and time-

Make sure "Automatic date and time" and "Automatic time zone" are both on
      Last edited by BrianL; 09-27-2022, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
        Is there a good alternative to the iPhone? With all the updates and changes that apple is doing we’re looking at other options.

What updates and changes are you speaking of? Have been with Iphone since 2006.

Comment

Does Samsung do all the tracking like iPhone does? It’s not a coincidence that you talk about something and next thing you know an ad pops up on Facebook or similar.
          Yup. I've had a galaxy for the past 6 years and actually went back to an iphone last week.

Comment

Thought about switching from apple last week. But then I look at my iwatch, and the 20 chargers around my house and our cars and went with the iPhone 14.

Comment

Does Samsung do all the tracking like iPhone does? It’s not a coincidence that you talk about something and next thing you know an ad pops up on Facebook or similar.
              That is more the software on your phone(Facebook, Google, TikTok, news, etc) than the phone itself.

Comment

I'm sticking with iPhones. It's unfortunate but that have us. We simply have to budget for replacements every few years (or use the interest-free payment plans). Fun for a family of 4.

iPads and Mac books seem to last a little longer

Comment

I have had Samsung forever, s22 ultra now. Use whatever phone you know the best, but Samsung is by far the best camera in any smart phone.

Comment

Google Pixel is the absolute best phone I've ever had. Much preferred over the Samsung Galaxy.

Comment

Samsung galaxy and never look back

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
                        Samsung galaxy and never look back
                        X2

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

You may want to look at the Samsung Galaxy series

I didn't care for the curved glass models after I broke one, but the Galazy A53 5G has been stellar, battery life is fantastic. >$300
                          Last edited by Traildust; 09-27-2022, 09:26 AM.

Comment

iPhone 11 here and I haven’t had any updates since I purchased it over 2 yrs ago. Aren’t androids more prone to getting viruses? Remember when the Russians hacked TBH earlier this year and people with androids had heck but us with iPhones had very limited issues? I will say that my son’s Samsung has an awesome camera and the zoom power aspect blows the iPhone away.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                              iPhone 11 here and I haven’t had any updates since I purchased it over 2 yrs ago. Aren’t androids more prone to getting viruses? Remember when the Russians hacked TBH earlier this year and people with androids had heck but us with iPhones had very limited issues? I will say that my son’s Samsung has an awesome camera and the zoom power aspect blows the iPhone away.
                              I have a galaxy and had no issues when the hack occurred

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

We have S10 Galaxies and they take much better and clearer pics than i-phones. Color is much better. All the other stuff works just as well and if you get one be sure it is an unlocked version. That way you can switch carriers if you need to. My next one will be the S22 ultra.

Comment

Working...
                                X