• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydraulic fluid level??

Comment

seat safety switch, fuel filter, kinked fuel line

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
        Its under full Kubota warranty but I hate to have to haul it in for something simple. Im positive its a switch issue just not sure what. Also hate to start throwing parts at it. Ill check on the K forum as suggested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        They have 3 or 4 of those stupid safety switches all over newer tractors now.

The Tech tried explaining some of them to me but I gave up. Seat one is easy and makes sense. The neutral one, PTO one and the other one was where I got lost.

Good luck. If you're close to a regular maintenance maybe let them haul it in for both. But either way make sure they get this issue in writing ASAP. If they "fix" it a few times then it breaks again while out of warranty you'll have better odds.

Comment

Idk about the pto situation but I had alge in my fuel tank that would float around and eventually get onto my in tank filter and starve the motor and die.

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
            I THOUGHT THIS WAS A THREAD WHERE YOU WANTED TO USE YOUR PAID TIME OFF AND THE BOSS WOULDNT APPROVE IT......

Thats the first thing i think when i see PTO
            Ok, glad I wasn't the only one.

Comment

I think a wiring (likely ground) issue(loose, corroded, chewed) on one of the safety switches, when the wiring gets hot. When the wire/switch/connection cools it allow the circuit to connect and start.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Tell me about this..........
                There I was, "tractoring" away minding my own business when out of nowhere...........

Comment

Main reason I mentioned a kinked fuel line is I had the same issue.

Mowed at farm and clogged several fuel filters (I thought).

Came home and drained tank and put fresh fuel.

Worked fine around the house until the next year when I was mowing farm again and tractor kept starving for fuel so I started throwing new filters at it again.

Turns out there was a rubber fuel line next to the engine that turn too sharp so when it got hot it would kink closed and then would open up after it cooled off and mowing with big mower was only time it ran hard for long enough for the line to kink.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                    Idk about the pto situation but I had alge in my fuel tank that would float around and eventually get onto my in tank filter and starve the motor and die.
                    Put an additive that’s dispersant into it
                    Keeps from condensation forming inside tank as fuel level in tanks reduces. That condensation caused algae. Especially low usage on tractor

Comment

Can you unhook it from implements and run it around with the pto engaged? That may eliminate the load vs wiring issue. We use bio kleen at work for algae. Expensive but it kills it. You’ll run through a lot of filters while it dies off.

Comment

Any update on what you found out?

Comment

Again not sure

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                            Put an additive that’s dispersant into it
                            Keeps from condensation forming inside tank as fuel level in tanks reduces. That condensation caused algae. Especially low usage on tractor
                            I put in a treatment after I cleaned it out. Bought the tractor new in 2013 and it has 200 hours now.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                              Any update on what you found out?

Waiting on the shop to confirm. Not gonna throw parts at something under warranty. Their initial thought is trash in the fuel lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In the other side of that if you try to repair yourself it may void said warranty? Just a comment I don’t know for sure. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X