Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck gun advice/opinions

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post
    If you don't care about 3.5", look at the new A300 Ultima. It has the big bolt handle, raised rib, bigger bolt release, and kickoff system like the A400, at half the price. What you get with the A400 is a newer gas system with a rotating bolt, recoil spring under the handguard instead of in the buttstock, and "better" chokes. Both are good guns, pick the one that feels best.

I’m about to pull the trigger on an A300 Ultima myself after researching the heck out of them. Just couldn’t justify the extra $1,000 for what the a300 provides and the solid reviews ..

Comment

I'm not a big fan or Beretta or Benelli, but I love the Browning shotguns. Since you are talking about spending that kind of money, go find and shoulder a Browning Maxus and see how it feels. I mostly hunt with my Browning Gold 10 gauge now, but have the Browning Maxus in 12 gauge and love it (my wife loves it too and that's all she shoots now). I think Browning is now making the Maxus 2, the latest gen.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post
        Get a Beretta A400 xtreme plus and dont look back
        This right here. ^^^
        Love mine, it is by far my favorite and I have owned a lot of different ones when it comes to semi auto duck guns. As long as it’s Beretta or Browning you can’t go wrong in my opinion.

Comment

Sx4 or a browning a5 have both and beat the crap outta them riding around in the boat and stuff and they go bang every time

Comment

Buy the gun that you like and more importantly that fits you. Any of the B guns will always maintain their value.

I like browning gold hunters, been shooting them for over 20 years. They discontinued them, but I shoot them good and they have always been reliable. Have no interest in the latest and greatest.

Comment

I've kilt a truck load of green heads and pin tails back when I was a kid with my old Model 12 modified choke and high brass Remington 2-3/4" shells #6 shot. Plowed peanut fields and stock tanks on a foggy morning were my hot spots. My family lived off of duck seemed like. Can't stand them now unless it's chicken fried like steak.

Comment

The guy I introduced to duck hunting got the A400 and loves it.

The standard on duck hunting forums is always go with a "B" gun - Browning, Beretta, or Benelli.

Given the A400 is a fit you should get it.

Comment

I'm not easy on shotguns by a long shot and love my 400 extrema unico.....I hunt mud ponds/sloughs and very sandy fields for both ducks and geese....love having the 3.5 inch but since changed to Boss 3 inch it's not a necessary but still nice when needing cheaper steel. Just got back from dove hunting in sand country and it never missed a beat and killed about 80 or so birds. I do like the thinner forearm on the Benelli though but not enough to trade out. Like others have said I don't think you can go wrong with pretty much any of the higher end autos but I'll just stick to my A400 Unico

Comment

I’ve got the a300 Ultima and really like it. It seems to fit me great. I made some upgrades to it and had a little work done on the piston due to frequent hang ups of the shelf. Not many problems with it now. Really enjoy shooting it
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post
                      If you don't care about 3.5", look at the new A300 Ultima. It has the big bolt handle, raised rib, bigger bolt release, and kickoff system like the A400, at half the price. What you get with the A400 is a newer gas system with a rotating bolt, recoil spring under the handguard instead of in the buttstock, and "better" chokes. Both are good guns, pick the one that feels best.
                      I didn’t know about the A300 Ultima.

That may be the route I go….definitely gonna look at it.

Thanks for the recommendation

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                        I just bought a Browning Cynergy Wicked Wing and it feels awesome and shoots great. Hopefully to take it duck hunting this season. It is an Over/Under instead of a Semi-Auto but love it so far!!
                        Im really looking at it but i wasnt sure how bad the recoil would be for duck and geese loads with it being an O/U

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM View Post
                          Im really looking at it but i wasnt sure how bad the recoil would be for duck and geese loads with it being an O/U

One of the reasons I like my A400 Extrema Unico with kick off system, 3.5's feel little difference than 2 3/4's. Allows me to use the 1 shotgun from doves to cranes. Gets a little heavy carrying for quail but not an issue now sadly.....

Comment

I’m not shooting an O/U for waterfowl.

I use a O/U for everything else, but not ducks

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              I’m about to pull the trigger on an A300 Ultima myself after researching the heck out of them. Just couldn’t justify the extra $1,000 for what the a300 provides and the solid reviews ..
                              Jason
                              That A300 in .20ga is NICE ran one in Argentina this past June

Comment

Originally posted by Matador View Post
                                Jason
                                That A300 in .20ga is NICE ran one in Argentina this past June
                                Jared- how were the birds in Argentina? Hope you are doing well.

Comment

Working...
                                X