New World Record long distance shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
    It's a lot more impressive achievement than people are giving it credit for, but at the same time with the amount of attempts it took it's hard to look at it is something other than dumb luck for them finally to put one on target. They certainly know a lot and did a lot of math and science to get there, but 70 attempts is many, many attempts. Unless they've now dialed it in and can repeat it, which does not seem to be the case, this still feels more like luck than anything else.
    this.

Comment

Would seem like just the variable wind speed and direction over that distance would make it hard to accurately shoot that far with any consistency.

Comment

Creedmore and he would have done it 1st shot with a 3x9 tasco

Comment

How does that scope work being its pointed straight at the barrel? Im imagining that rig on the front of the scope is a periscope of sorts. Anybody know how that works?
          I read the article and watched the video and neither said anything.

Comment

if it aint luck, do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
              if it aint luck, do it again.

I’d be really interested in the pattern leading up to the hit. Regardless, 8” bull at 7740 yards is never just luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

eh... 69 shots? sooner or later....

I shot a running jackrabbit from a moving polaris ranger in the BACK SEAT last weekend. I Was all pumped up on dos equis and little debbie fudge brownies.

1st shot. let me know when my article is coming out.

Comment

I only saw 1 bullet hole in that 10x10 target. Luck finally came into play.

Comment

Only counts as a record if it takes some terrorist savages' head off..

Comment

How about if you kill the new world record whitetail but it's the 69th deer you ever killed in your life. Does the record not count since it was not your first deer and it was just luck that the world record came strolling by?

They measure every single pitch that every MLB pitcher throws and if it happens to be the hardest one ever thrown, they deem it a world record. Should that be nullified if it didn't occur on the first pitch of the game?

Hell of an accomplishment, I don't care how many shots it took. New benchmark for someone to go after at 7,750+ yards.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                        It's a lot more impressive achievement than people are giving it credit for, but at the same time with the amount of attempts it took it's hard to look at it is something other than dumb luck for them finally to put one on target. They certainly know a lot and did a lot of math and science to get there, but 70 attempts is many, many attempts. Unless they've now dialed it in and can repeat it, which does not seem to be the case, this still feels more like luck than anything else.
                        This is where I'm at on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                          eh... 69 shots? sooner or later....

I shot a running jackrabbit from a moving polaris ranger in the BACK SEAT last weekend. I Was all pumped up on dos equis and little debbie fudge brownies.

1st shot. let me know when my article is coming out.
                          Now that’s impressive

Comment

4.4 miles to an 8” target…and it was luck…

Some of you need to trip your odometers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I killed a buck 25 years ago with one shot from a 7mm Mag at over 700 yards using a 3x10x50mm duplex scope.. It was 95% luck...

I know luck when I see it.. 69 shots with all the fancy, state of the art, equipment they had was not only luck, it was bad luck...

Comment

How the heck do you even see a target that size at 4.4 miles!

Comment

Working...
                                X