Battleship Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battleship Texas

Evidently it is cruising from where it’s been docked forever to Galveston for some repairs. Woke up and my wife is down at Sylvan Beach waiting for it to pass by. Supposed to have just passed Fred Hartman bridge. Would be a cool sight to see

We are anxiously awaiting her arrival at our shipyard in Galveston. You can watch the live feed of her move on YouTube “battleship Texas underway”. She has not passed the Fred Hartman bridge yet but close.

Comment

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
      we are anxiously awaiting her arrival at our shipyard in galveston. You can watch the live feed of her move on youtube “battleship texas underway”. She has not passed the fred hartman bridge yet but close.
      👍

Comment

She will be birthed in Galveston after repairs...aint coming back to Monument area

More visitors will see it in Galveston they said...cant argue with that

Comment

Live view

ABC13 is your source for breaking news and weather from Houston, Harris County and Texas. Watch live streaming video and stay updated on Houston news.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
            Evidently it is cruising from where it’s been docked forever to Galveston for some repairs. Woke up and my wife is down at Sylvan Beach waiting for it to pass by. Supposed to have just passed Fred Hartman bridge. Would be a cool sight to see
            Channel 13 has a live feed. It was approaching the bridge a few minutes ago.

Edit: slow on the live feed news

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
              She will be birthed in Galveston after repairs...aint coming back to Monument area

Her final home has not yet been determined. A few cities are in the discussion.

But you are correct, will not be going back to the monument.

Comment

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
                Her final home has not yet been determined. A few cities are in the discussion.

But you are correct, will not be going back to the monument.
                oh ok...I thought they decided on sea wolf park area by the submarine

Comment

Link

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe74Ib49f0Q"]Battleship Texas Underway - YouTube[/ame]

(Mod’s, please delete if not allowed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Strategic move. Very wise. It can launch those 16 inch shells at hurricanes too saving us from that mess.

Comment

oh ok...I thought they decided on sea wolf park area by the submarine
                      That is part time of the discussions as one possible location/city, but no final decision has been as of yet. The Battleship will be at our shipyard for appx 12 months so I guess they have a bit of time.

Comment

Very cool! Sne deserves a face lift!

Comment

That's pretty cool. We saw her right after Harvey. Got on free too. Water leaking everywhere, area's closed off due to corrosion. I look forward to going again once all the maintenance is completed!

Comment

Have it on the projector for my students this morning. Thanks for posting

Comment

KHOU has a better feed than the foundation [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_6ySBECxmM"]Battleship Texas moving: Live view of move to Galveston - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                              X