No announcement yet.

Bay Area Blvd Clear Lake Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work at the NBL on the back side of Ellington field. We had a spotting scope a few years ago to watch some big bucks out there.

Comment

Nothing like poaching a refuge

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
        My Granny used to live in seabrook and lived on 1 acre that behind her was armand bayou wildlife refuge.

She fed the deer forever. If she didnt have corn out for them, they would come to her back glass door. im talking about 130-140" deer regularly. WOuld also see some bigger every once in a while

Also pretty sure on same place saw 2 red wolves/coyote crosses. I know they arent supposed to be around but never seen a coyote bigger than a german shepard with that red color like that.
        That place is loaded with wildlife and big bucks.

Comment

And the Game Wardens know every one of those bucks by name.

Comment

I may or may not know of someone that shot a buck off his 2nd floor apartment balcony.

Two guesses his home state of origin?

Comment

They are brave if they are tough enough to handle the mosquitoes in that place.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                They are brave if they are tough enough to handle the mosquitoes in that place.

I'm starting to believe this has a lot to do with blood type. My lady gets all bit up when we are near mosquitos, all the while I come out okay somehow...

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
                  I'm starting to believe this has a lot to do with blood type. My lady gets all bit up when we are near mosquitos, all the while I come out okay somehow...
                  actually research does support this to an extent.

Comment

What is the statue of limitations on poaching?
                    Asking for a friend that has lived in clear lake since 73

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                      Nothing like poaching a refuge
                      Yep, or NASA.

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                      I saw a 200 + in nasa some yrs ago, there are some huge deer inside that fence
                      Copy that, 200's crossing Space Center every time I go to lunch.

Comment

I have a big set of sheds mounted from inside the NASA fence from many years ago that a family member gave me. He used to help someone cut and bail hay inside their property. Many giants just on the nasa property alone

Comment

I live in seabrook and drive down nasa every single day. I've seen them inside the fence at NASA, but I'll have to keep my eyes a little more open to see some of these big boys yall are posting.

Comment

Excellent looking deer

The BASF Plant in Geismar, Louisiana also has some great deer all fenced in on their property and every now and then you hear about some Coon*** that gets caught trying to sneak in and get a trophy.
                            Last edited by wlgiv; 08-30-2022, 12:01 PM. Reason: Program didn't like the spelling

Comment

We get to bow hunt at the plant I work at on Bayport. Killed a couple good ones, but still waiting on a giant. They’re pretty sharp and stay in the no hunting zones on the property. We have a giant or two killed each season in the rut.

Comment

I have heard about some stories about monsters over on the NASA property.

Comment

Working...
                                X