No announcement yet.

Nilgai bull bowhunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck yeah! Thank you for getting some hunting posted in this forum and wash some of the stank off of the dull off season threads! Congrats Sergio! Helluva shot! Glad you got your horns and hide back.

So what was all the noise/rattling in the background? Windmill? Release hitting the camera?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Heck yeah! Thank you for getting some hunting posted in this forum and wash some of the stank off of the dull off season threads! Congrats Sergio! Helluva shot! Glad you got your horns and hide back.

So what was all the noise/rattling in the background? Windmill? Release hitting the camera?

Papalote aka windmill or maybe it was my heart hahaha

I need to pm you, figure out why my video looks so crappy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nilgai bull bowhunt

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
        I mean you’re not wrong but it just seems like something that is avoidable. Anyways….

Awesome video and great trophy OP.

Sometimes you cant see things coming… dude was legit had lots of followers, was winning taxidermy shows etc… not sure what happened … perhaps for hooked on drugs??? I don’t know that’s my guess???
        Depression ?? Who knows I’m just glad I got
        My
        Stuff back

Comment

Great video,nice bull,congratulations.Good luck on your mount.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
            Papalote aka windmill or maybe it was my heart hahaha

I need to pm you, figure out why my video looks so crappy lol

Hahahaha....probably both.

Looks like the slight fuzziness/ haze is caused by stuff/camp/leaves on the edge of the lens frame. Even if its not in the screen and jusy on the edge, it can affect the focus and clarity. I had some similar issues with the bottom of my window in my box and had to raise my camera up some. Also in your defense, youtube can lessen some of the clarity on the download. I try to wait until the HD processing finishes before I move forward.

Comment

Congrats on that scarred up old beast! Mind sharing some details? Set up, broadhead, etc? Thank you for taking us along!

Comment

Great shot on an awesome bull! Great to see a bowhunting vid on here!

Comment

Man that is a scarred up war horse. Absolutely amazing how a animal of that size ducked as quickly as he did.
                  Congratulations on all accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
                    Congrats on that scarred up old beast! Mind sharing some details? Set up, broadhead, etc? Thank you for taking us along!

Obsession fusion 6 29”DL (357 ibo)
                    525 grain arrow
                    Iron will wide ( vented)
                    2.3” q2i
                    45 yard shot
                    BLEW THROUGH stuck on fletching, fell out 3 yards out of water hole

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Hahahaha....probably both.

Looks like the slight fuzziness/ haze is caused by stuff/camp/leaves on the edge of the lens frame. Even if its not in the screen and jusy on the edge, it can affect the focus and clarity. I had some similar issues with the bottom of my window in my box and had to raise my camera up some. Also in your defense, youtube can lessen some of the clarity on the download. I try to wait until the HD processing finishes before I move forward.

Video looks way clearer on my
                      MacBook ,
                      YouTube must have compressed it. I didn’t see HD button… I. Have used it before but must have missed it this time ??

Comment

Great Bull and shot! Congratulations!

Comment

Great job getting that on video. Congrats on taking a great animal with your bow. Loved the setup under that windmill. Like others mentioned.....that sucker dropped pretty quick before that arrow went through him.

Comment

Serg! That was awesome to watch, thanks for sharing it! There’s not too many(hardly any) bull Nilgai bow kills floating around the inter webs! Bravo! That was a true warrior of a bull to boot, makes me want to go somewhere soon![emoji119]

Comment

Way to go Sergio. Beautiful bull.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                                Great job getting that on video. Congrats on taking a great animal with your bow. Loved the setup under that windmill. Like others mentioned.....that sucker dropped pretty quick before that arrow went through him.

My dad did a jam up job behind the Ol canon lens, ain’t no way I could have shot/ self filmed! Way too much going on at once and my heart was ticking pretty good as well [emoji1787]

Comment

Working...
                                X