No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drew Colorado for the first time! Do I need to be watching mail for a physical tag? Can't seem to find info on what happens after you draw.

Comment

I get to help scout for an ES tag on the Valles Caldera. We have finally been getting some moisture so I’m hopeful that they can open the park up soon. I need to get up there and get oriented.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCountry101 View Post
        Drew Colorado for the first time! Do I need to be watching mail for a physical tag? Can't seem to find info on what happens after you draw.
        You get your tag in the mail when you get it, in the mean time start preparing to not get worked over to bad by the mountain..

Comment

have a unit 52 archery tag for sale in New Mexico if anyone is interested. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=845190

Comment

I have some friends who are going to be first timers. I try to tell them less is more but they are deaf. They are putting everything in the world on a 20 ft trailer to drag up the mountain. They even purchased bunk cots. I am sure they bought a huge tent so their bunk cot will fit. All of my camping gear, kill kit and stuff I carry will fit into a 2500 ci backpack. I sincerely wish them luck but there are too many moving parts to that operation.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
              I have some friends who are going to be first timers. I try to tell them less is more but they are deaf. They are putting everything in the world on a 20 ft trailer to drag up the mountain. They even purchased bunk cots. I am sure they bought a huge tent so their bunk cot will fit. All of my camping gear, kill kit and stuff I carry will fit into a 2500 ci backpack. I sincerely wish them luck but there are too many moving parts to that operation.
              If they are not packing in, the more gear the more comfy and well rested they will be. I have noticed the better sleep I get the harder I am able to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                I get to help scout for an ES tag on the Valles Caldera. We have finally been getting some moisture so I’m hopeful that they can open the park up soon. I need to get up there and get oriented.
                WooHoo, what a great time that should be.

I'm hoping some of that moisture heads to the southern part of the state to get some new growth of the burns ahead of my mule deer hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                  WooHoo, what a great time that should be.

I'm hoping some of that moisture heads to the southern part of the state to get some new growth of the burns ahead of my mule deer hunt.
                  Man it is terrible to be less than five miles from the forest trailhead and be locked out. I have been trying to test my left knee IT band that I have been rehabbing for the past four weeks. I can use the hours on the trails.

Comment

Hoping you all get the rains you need and not a ton more. Sounds like more monsoon for the weekend, send a little up to us also please.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                      Hoping you all get the rains you need and not a ton more. Sounds like more monsoon for the weekend, send a little up to us also please.
                      All that rain they have been getting in Montana hasn't gotten down to y'all?

Comment

It’s slowed down raining in SW Montana. You can have the rest! Locals can’t remember it being this green and lush. It should be a great elk season.,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                          Another 70% chance manana. Gonna be highs in the 70’s here most of the week.

Man if it could slow rain for a few days it would be wonderful. The forest service has really terrorized the folks living near the forest. Good thing they have an open checking account.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            It’s slowed down raining in SW Montana. You can have the rest! Locals can’t remember it being this green and lush. It should be a great elk season.,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Same here in Idaho.

Comment

Duplicate

Comment

I just looked at the weather channel and they're getting it good with rain scheduled all week. That will help the burns recover providing much needed browse.

Looks like a normal forecast for home in SE Texas and we're approaching 2011 drought conditions here.

Comment

Working...
                                X