Costa Rica- Guancaste Province

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costa Rica- Guancaste Province

Just booked a trip for the end of July to Secrets Papagauyo. Any “must do” activities or excursions in the northern part of CR?

Admittedly, I’d like to get a boat and go chase tuna and Dorado, but that likely won’t happen this trip as it’s for my wife’s bday and I don’t think I can sweet talk her into spending a half day off shore.

I'm headed to Playa Flamingo in 2 weeks. We have a bunch of excursions planned (inc fishing, Palo Verde NP and a full day sailboat cruise). I'll let you know of anything to avoid or must do when I get back.

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
      I'm headed to Playa Flamingo in 2 weeks. We have a bunch of excursions planned (inc fishing, Palo Verde NP and a full day sailboat cruise). I'll let you know of anything to avoid or must do when I get back.
      Appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        Just booked a trip for the end of July to Secrets Papagauyo. Any “must do” activities or excursions in the northern part of CR?

Admittedly, I’d like to get a boat and go chase tuna and Dorado, but that likely won’t happen this trip as it’s for my wife’s bday and I don’t think I can sweet talk her into spending a half day off shore.
        We stayed at the same resort in November 2020. If you haven’t already done so, upgrade to a room with a plunge pool! We did a 4 wheeler tour through the jungle and river to a waterfall. A day of inshore fishing with lunch and snorkeling on the beach of a little island. Played golf at the high end resort on the peninsula. The resort was just opening up for the first time since Covid. Resort staff was friendly, food was just okay, drinks were endless. Wasn’t overly crowded, so the pool bar scene was fun. Enjoy!

Comment

They will try to sell you a membership. No harm in saying no!

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
            We stayed at the same resort in November 2020. If you haven’t already done so, upgrade to a room with a plunge pool! We did a 4 wheeler tour through the jungle and river to a waterfall. A day of inshore fishing with lunch and snorkeling on the beach of a little island. Played golf at the high end resort on the peninsula. The resort was just opening up for the first time since Covid. Resort staff was friendly, food was just okay, drinks were endless. Wasn’t overly crowded, so the pool bar scene was fun. Enjoy!
            The whole upgrade is a sore subject. I started working on this last Sept, got pricing for a Club level room, but both me and my wife had work obligations with dates that had not been specified, so we couldn’t book. Now I’m paying 30% more for a standard room…. That’s the only availability for the timeframe we are going.

We can say yes to the membership, but our bank account will say NO for us 😜

Comment

if any of you guys want a private panga to witches rock lmk
              My friend has a cool setup out of coco

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                if any of you guys want a private panga to witches rock lmk
                My friend has a cool setup out of coco
                details please

Comment

Look up a tour guide called Rigo Suave. He does different ours but the zip line tour is top notch. He picks you up in a van and takes you to several places. He is really good.

Comment

Does everyone just take a long car ride to the resorts? Seems all of them are over an hour from the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                      Does everyone just take a long car ride to the resorts? Seems all of them are over an hour from the airport.
                      Which airport? I almost made the mistake of booking flights into San Jose, because I wrongly assumed that was the only airport for commercial flights. LIR in Liberia, Costa Rica is about 30 mins from many of the northern resorts and we have a direct flight from DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        Which airport? I almost made the mistake of booking flights into San Jose, because I wrongly assumed that was the only airport for commercial flights. LIR in Liberia, Costa Rica is about 30 mins from many of the northern resorts and we have a direct flight from DFW
                        I was looking on Expedia not long ago. Liberia was usually the closest, but the resorts coming up were usually an hour away, give or take 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                          I was looking on Expedia not long ago. Liberia was usually the closest, but the resorts coming up were usually an hour away, give or take 10 minutes.
                          Look for resorts near Culebra Bay (Bahia Culebra)

Comment

Working...
                          X