No announcement yet.

Ice Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all. Keep it coming. I’m not looking to break even on 2 grand $4 at a time. It’s more ease and having as much ice as I need. I bought 120 pounds today and need 40 more ideally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yall must use push mowers instead of riding mowers

Comment

Hoshizaki for under the counter. I did some research a few years ago and that seems to be the best brand. Mine has been working great for a few years. Just clean it and change the large filter. Any of the typical house brands like Kitchen Aid, Jenn Air, etc... seems to be garbage.

For large industrial type ice machines I have no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
          Thanks all. Keep it coming. I’m not looking to break even on 2 grand $4 at a time. It’s more ease and having as much ice as I need. I bought 120 pounds today and need 40 more ideally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          If you are looking at the larger Hoshizaki or Manitowoc's then you will likely be spending double that. This is the equivilant of the model I have now that they dont make anymore. It will make almost 500 lbs in 24 hours. The price in the link below does not include the insulated bin.

Comment

I spend $6-7 on ice a week.
            That’s like 1.5 gallons of diesel.
            Still pretty cheap vs buying an ice machine and maintenance filters.

Comment

Just ordered a Koolaire KDF0150A this morning. Monitowoc makes that unit and the fella I ordered it threw said Monitowoc was the best out there. Price really wasnt too bad either. As for ice not costing much, figure in fuel cost to go get it plus time, and you come out ahead way sooner. Plus come deer season you can load your coolers before leaving home. And always have cold beer during the week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Do a search in the Classified forum... There's a TBH'er that sells used units pretty regularly on here... Seems I remember he's in the refrigeration/maintenance business or something similar...

Comment

You can check out my company for a lower capacity.

Big Ice Shop Big Ice Trays Make your own ice! Big Ice Cubes will last twice as long as small wet ice. Our trays make six 4” cubes, with each cube weighing

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post

https://bigice.com/
                    Great idea, I need about 4 - 6 some for home some for camp
                    I miss having a 500lbs ice maker

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post

https://bigice.com/

Can ice machines be run intermittently without issue? I have multiple chest freezers, and usually have space to store bags of ice... Can a machine be started up, make a given amount of ice, then shut down and drained until the next time it is needed without harming it?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Can ice machines be run intermittently without issue? I have multiple chest freezers, and usually have space to store bags of ice... Can a machine be started up, make a given amount of ice, then shut down and drained until the next time it is needed without harming it?
                        My BIL turns his off and on all the time at his ranch.

Comment

I have this one in my house, it works pretty well. It seems to take about a day to fill up and I believe that is 12lbs of ice. I have some plastic bags and I empty the bucket into the bag and put the ice in my freezer to use later. There may be better ones out there, not sure. Had similar one in the house when I moved in last year. It stopped working and we got it fixed. Decided the second time it broke just to replace it. Decided to go with the same brand, the other one lasted 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                            Great idea, I need about 4 - 6 some for home some for camp
                            I miss having a 500lbs ice maker
                            Send me a PM when you are ready. I'll make you a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by OTL91 View Post
                              Need to be using a lot of ice to offset the initial cost along with the upkeep.
                              Not true.....I stopped going to buccees to buy their cheap ice after I bought my ice machine. Only took about 5 times keeping my wife out of there to pay for the ice machine.

Comment

Just having a ice machine is cool.
                                I kinda want a soda fountain too... all the Maine Root I can drink

Comment

Working...
                                X