Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poachers.

Comment

People who say they work fine are about right, they work fine!

If you count it takes pics and may last

You never know whats good until you try something else

Comment

I bought some a few years ago for $15. They are as reliable as any camera I’ve used. But obviously don’t have near the features. Great for public land and hog trap monitoring

I’d take one over a muddy any day

Comment

I run about a dozen of the Terra 12s. I bought a few 3 packs for $99. Just to put lots of cameras out and leave them. I've had one quit in the last 3 years of this bunch. Only thing is... they are hit and miss. They always seem to pick me up when I walk by... but I've sat in a stand several times and had animals playing around for quite some time and never show up on the camera. So the sensors aren't that great... but I do have tons of pictures and some great pictures but now I always wonder what I've missed because the camera doesn't catch everything walking by.

Comment

I took a chance and bought 1 that was on sale for $20 (70% off) at Walmart to use at the house.. 6 years later it still works.. Actually takes great pics..

Comment

Originally posted by M.LUNA View Post
              I run about a dozen of the Terra 12s. I bought a few 3 packs for $99. Just to put lots of cameras out and leave them. I've had one quit in the last 3 years of this bunch. Only thing is... they are hit and miss. They always seem to pick me up when I walk by... but I've sat in a stand several times and had animals playing around for quite some time and never show up on the camera. So the sensors aren't that great... but I do have tons of pictures and some great pictures but now I always wonder what I've missed because the camera doesn't catch everything walking by.
              I tested a couple in my backyard walking by them and it rarely caught me. Luck of the draw I guess.

Comment

I have several of them. Used them for years and haven’t had any issues. They are the red headed step child on TBH though.

For the money, buy Tasco’s from Walmart. They take the same quality pics, but are even more dependable

Comment

I’ve used 3 of the $50 variety cams from them for 5yrs now with zero issues. I converted 2 of them to use auxiliary power(6v rechargeable) which lasts just over 11months before needing a recharge. They’ve worked for me but YMMV.

Comment

If you are lucky you might get one that takes some pictures. For the people that seem to like them I say put a good camera up on the same tree. Once you see what you have been missing you will understand that just because it produces a few pictures does not mean it is any good.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                      If you are lucky you might get one that takes some pictures. For the people that seem to like them I say put a good camera up on the same tree. Once you see what you have been missing you will understand that just because it produces a few pictures does not mean it is any good.

-john
                      We did, a Cuddeback, Stealthcam, Browning and they all performed the same and died at just over 1 year. The WGs are still taking pics. . .

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post

-john
                        Oh I get one every now and then that is pure junk!…. It cost me $15

I’ve got way more money and the same odds of junk in every other brand EXCEPT-Browning Every strike fore model I have works amazing and have for years. The command ops…. Work, but my 5yo can draw you a better pic

My only complaint (and for $15 I can’t really complain) not way to erase or format and no pic delay setting. Every minute… so in 2 weeks if you have hogs you have 2,379 pics…

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                          We did, a Cuddeback, Stealthcam, Browning and they all performed the same and died at just over 1 year. The WGs are still taking pics. . .
                          I have a friend that manages a ranch in Duval county for a very wealthy fella and he has an open check for anything ranch/hunting related.. He bought a dozen expensive Cuddebacks 3 years ago and as of today everyone has ended up in the dump.. He says they are absolute junk.. Ive never owned one and never will.

Comment

Working...
                          X