Full moon Oct. 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full moon Oct. 20th

Now I know this is a controversial subject and everyone has their own opinions. But what is your on hunting around a full or new moon? Me personally I believe the deer especially mature bucks react differently around a full moon. With my past experiences and trail cam pics I can say for me I most definitely see mature bucks and traveling bucks on the day of a full moon and the days leading up to the full moon. I met a gentleman earlier today who said he hunts 6 days after the full moon, he was in a hurry so we didn't get to discuss his reasoning but I began to wonder if he is doing this because of the belief that does kick into estrus after a full moon? Anyhow what are your thoughts? I killed my personal best last year on Oct 28th 3 days before the full moon on Halloween night, and had several big bucks on camera mid day for several days and including the 31st. the day of the full moon.

I'm a firm believer that if you can see the moon during daylight hours, the deer are moving. A week before the full moon, in the afternoons and the week after the full moon, the mornings.

Comment

I hunt whenever I can and take my chances on the moon. I think deer movement is more sporadic with a full moon. I have killed deer in every moon phase.

Comment

I’d rather hunt week before full moon than week of…..IMO

Comment

I hunt when I have the opportunity. All I pay attention to is the wind direction.

Comment

Red moon

Comment

When you are a weekend warrior take what you get.

Comment

I read that more B&C bucks are killed within three days before a full moon or three days after. I killed my book deer during that time period.

Comment

Days Before and days after a full moon are some of the best hunting days you can have. Pair it with a cold front and it’s deadly.

Comment

I see a lot of deer moving in the middle of the day during a full moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                      I hunt when I have the opportunity. All I pay attention to is the wind direction.
                      X2 this, critters eat, move around, chase love, fight, etc. 24/7 same as humans. Go when you can, and just always play the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                        I hunt whenever I can and take my chances on the moon. I think deer movement is more sporadic with a full moon. I have killed deer in every moon phase.
                        THIS. I hunt when i can considering i work shift work and between work with overtime and a baby i take what i can get.

Last year i killed my P&Y buck during a first quarter moon phase for what its worth. I hadnt seen him reliably on camera during the day but we had a good cold snap and temperature drop the afternoon before i killed him the following morning. I think the cold got him moving more than anything. I usually just pay attention to the wind direction.

Comment

I see more deer during daylight when nights are the darkest

Comment

Blue moon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                              Days Before and days after a full moon are some of the best hunting days you can have. Pair it with a cold front and it’s deadly.
                              like this weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X