3 hours well spent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 hours well spent

Just finished the second interview Joe Rogan did with Jordan Peterson. Holy moly it is like my brain had been feeding on ramen and it just got its first taste of steak. Very encouraging to hear, learn, and understand the psychological and scientific basis for why the ideology of the left is unsustainable. There are plenty of places to listen to someone tell you what you want to hear, but Jordan Peterson sounds fairly objective and backs up his position with principles rooted in science and fact. Definitely will be listening to more of what he has to say.

Allright, Im on it this week.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      Allright, Im on it this week.

I first became aware of Dr Peterson when Google/YouTube locked him out of his account for posting lectures on the psychology of the Bible. I was curious about the psychology part, because I'd never heard the Bible approached from that direction. Just as I was beginning to listen to that series, the Google memo issue exploded, and then in another Joe Rogan episode I listened to, Joe mentioned Jordan Peterson. After all that I really started digging to find out what was going on and why Dr Peterson might be controversial. When I discovered that he is being attacked for speaking objectively about social issues, I locked on like a heat seeking missile and began the feeding frenzy.

You still have to listen objectively and critically. Don't take what he says as low hanging fruit. You have to really digest it and think on it in order to form your own understanding. With that said though, I think you'll finish the podcast feeling more heavily armed against idiocy than you did before.

Comment

Thanks for the link....will listen this afternoon

Comment

Joe Rogan has been having some interesting guest lately!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been listening to JRE for a few years now.

Agree that was a great episode

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Rogans best interview by far IMO. I'm reading Dr. Peterson's book, Maps of Meaning right now and I wish his writing was as easy to get through as his lectures, but it's still very enlightening.

Comment

Love JRE. Watch it during cardio. Started watching this one but never finished. Need to go back too it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

3 hours well spent

Bret Weinstein was an interesting episode also. He is a professor at Evergreen college.

The Megan Phelps Roper episode and the Jeff Evans episodes were both pretty fantastic too.

Kelly Brogan made me think

I love when he has Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson on. Those guys are fascinating

Pauly Shore was a good listen. I didn't realize that he grew up in the comedy store (his mom owns it)

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
                  Last edited by Gummi Bear; 08-15-2017, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Im finally on it now. Busy week.

Comment

Wow around 1:13:00 the prey animal description with PTSD in the reactive state is explained so amazingly. The limbic cortex is what gets burnt up so bad in PTSD. A prey animals brain like a deer is almost all limbic cortex. Reactivity, amazingly explained. Fight, Flight or Freeze, even Joe Rogan is a lot smarter than I previously thought and I thought him to be pretty smart.
                      Last edited by Ætheling; 08-18-2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

It was a good listen....thanks for sharing sir!

Comment

Working...
                        X