Heads Up for Health Ins Premium Increases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
    Will cost the wife and I 22K this year. (Early 60s)
    No meds - no illness - no claims........
    What??? I believe you but that is crazy.

Comment

My company increase was 12%. We were probably one of the few companies to benefit from being "community" rated instead of being rated on our losses. Between the staph infection in my knee and the bladder cancer from one of my lead guys Humana probably lost $300,000 on us last year.

Comment

My Blue Cross plan has gone from $350 a few years ago before the Gov't 'fixed' it to over $1000 per month now, the deductible was $10k for the whole family and now it's $6500 PER PERSON.

I can't afford to get sick for sure now.

Comment

Insurance is putting me in the poor house...if it don't change and fast I am going to quit and get in line....

Close to 20k a years for me wife and 2 kids

Comment

My wife,2 boys and myself 20,500!

Comment

Universal goverment Healthcare is the ultimate goal. Once that is achieved we are all FUBAR

Comment

Originally posted by tomcat8910 View Post
                Yup.

The nice young lady that signed us up said she was shocked at the premiums, she was on Medicare, and pregnant......
                Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 02-11-2016, 08:19 PM.

Comment

It's funny how the Media never interviews those of us that are paying higher premiums. They only interview the small minute minority that pay for this **** through credits and subsidies . Those folks claim hallaloha they insured and it's better than anything they ever had. Well **** if you go from nothing to having a hand out **** right it's better for you

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                    Article in the Wall St Journal today citing substantial losses incurred by Blue Cross, etc as they paid out more in claims than they took in in premiums. Who'd a thunk it? Lots of folks that were uninsured are now insured which means those same folks are going to the dr which they didn't do before because they didn't have insurance.

What that means is either our taxes are gonna go up to cover the insurers' losses or your insurance premiums are gonna go up--but likely both!
                    Good to know, but our agent alerted us first week of Nov '15 and we were out before Dec '15.

BCBS attempted to impose a 23% increase on us over one year. And we had ZERO claims!

Comment

I'm around 22K a year before insurance becomes "insurance"... $1265 a month for hte family with a $3250 deductible.

seriously considering sticking that amount of cash away, if I get sick just pay cash... I'l pay the penalty at the end of the year. It's a travesty the way this works now.

of course I must be lying because Obama said it will save the typical family several thousand dollars a year, and won't cost any more per month than an average cell phone plan.

hopefully ATT doesn't find out.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                        I'm around 22K a year before insurance becomes "insurance"... $1265 a month for hte family with a $3250 deductible.

seriously considering sticking that amount of cash away, if I get sick just pay cash... I'l pay the penalty at the end of the year. It's a travesty the way this works now.

of course I must be lying because Obama said it will save the typical family several thousand dollars a year, and won't cost any more per month than an average cell phone plan.

The walls and lies of Obamacare are fixing to come crashing down. As the great Jeahama Wriit zezzzs the chiken dun come home to roost"

Comment

Insurance companies have never been in the business of having bad years. Heaven forbid. I can't stand them - investigated them for a number of years and have had to fight with them tooth and nail over personal claims. Obama care has made the situation so much worse. When is the last time an insurance company drastically reduced their rates? Anyone in here get a refund every year we didn't have a hurricane or hail damage or file a claim? Something has got to give. This part of the system is so broke I don't know if it can ever be fixed to a remotely tolerable level. Government intervention in the other direction is about the only way I know of to show down this this train wreck.

Comment

I claim single and need only coverage for myself, I had two options:

1. PPO that would cost me $150/check ($300/month)
                            2. HSA where the city contributes NOTHING, I have to contribute my own money every check

Both options included a $3000 deductible. Sickening! It's basically catastrophe insurance. Smh we better hope and pray the next POTUS delivers us from this evil. To add insult to injury, I observed the hood rats at Walmart spending my money, er, I mean spending their tax returns over the last two days. Flat screen TV's, clothes, furniture.....Wally World was making a killing.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                              Article in the Wall St Journal today citing substantial losses incurred by Blue Cross, etc as they paid out more in claims than they took in in premiums. Who'd a thunk it? Lots of folks that were uninsured are now insured which means those same folks are going to the dr which they didn't do before because they didn't have insurance.

What that means is either our taxes are gonna go up to cover the insurers' losses or your insurance premiums are gonna go up--but likely both!
                              Correction, a lot of folks who have swarmed the ER's because PCP's are getting out of the game because of little to no reimbursement or, they are going to concierge service. Plus, the extra now insured people, are getting "refunds" for not being able to afford insurance so improper reimbursement is not going on either. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                                Will cost the wife and I 22K this year. (Early 60s)
                                No meds - no illness - no claims........
                                Originally posted by tomcat8910 View Post
                                Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                                Insurance is putting me in the poor house...if it don't change and fast I am going to quit and get in line....

Close to 20k a years for me wife and 2 kids

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post

do you all have obamacare, insurance through work or your own personal policies?

Comment

Working...
                                X