Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what is the positive in all this.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been for fortunate being off of work for 14 days and getting paid. I spend my days working on my diy barndo. Have made great strides on the kitchen. Have built the island and poured the counter tops and have made and installed lots of cabinets. Me and the Mrs cut material for 40 doors today. The down side is I have limited supplies on hand and don't see getting stuff I need anytime soon.

Comment

I've spent a lot of time on the ranch working ground and doing repairs. I've enjoyed the solitude. Went home last sunday and worked at my business last week and my wife and her worrying drove me back out here.
      I love being here.

Gary

Comment

Nothing has really changed for me. I’ve been lucky that Work has been busy, and haven’t needed to go out shopping much.

Comment

[quote=Txtourist;14794816]
          Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
          So this is one aspect of this whole mess that I haven’t heard anyone talking about. I think there will be a big psychological effect when the is all over. It really makes you realize how much you put off or put on the back burner for your job. We have spent a lot of time on the lake fishing and just being together at the house. No sports occupying all of our time on weekends. It’s made me think about how much I work and never disconnect and how much I miss certain aspects of my life that I’m constantly putting on the back burner.

My fear is a lot of people will not go back to work if the govt doesn’t get the parameters of the stimulus right. I think there will be those who also may decide to change career paths.

Not confident my business is even going to survive at this point, but I need to shut it off and do my part to make sure my kids and I maximize our time together and we have a positive experience coming away from these challenges.
          Fail forward and remember many successful business come from hard times and even complete failures.
          Another interesting psychological aspect for our family is that we weren’t able to be tested, but did a remote Dr. a couple weeks back and high likely hood we had the virus. Two crummy rough weeks and a few more lethargic days waiting for time to pass to be sure we’re not contagious. Now there’s no more fear anyways. Still playing it very safe, but man I see the fear in people’s faces. Grateful for friends who brought groceries and support. It will be our turn to help out soon enough.

Great post! Prayers up for you and your family. Also for your business. It’s crazy what it takes sometimes to open our eyes to what’s really important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I learned that my normal work from home life was referred to as quarantine by most normal folks. Lol... I routinely wouldn't leave the house until I went fishing or hunting so everything still feels pretty normal for me.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
              My handicap has dropped from 5 to 4.6 and my 12 year old still beats me from the men’s tees. Freezer is about to be filled with some of the many axis that gather along my back fence. Groceries are dwindling and being refilled over and over and over. Netflix don’t have enough movies. Ozark season 3 is completed. We’ve played Uno 2,000 times. We’ve played Ginga too many times. We’ve completed 9 puzzles. We’ve made slime and bath balms. I’ve cooked bacon and eggs every morning for the last two weeks. I picked a heck of a time to stop eating bread and sugars, but I’ve lost probably 10 lbs and a few inches in the waist. Momma is tired of me chasing her around the room at night, I think I played that one out. Cleaned the garage, twice. Mowed and weed whacked every three days. I’m ready to sit down at a restaurant to eat a meal and I need a **** haircut.
              Ha. I like it. Good for you. I strongly believe we will come out stronger and definitely more appreciative. Yea we’ve played UNO 93 times.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
                Finally sat down and read "Empire of the Summer Moon" and liked it so much, I've picked reading back up again.
                S. C. Gwynne has another fantastic book about Stonewall Jackson called “Rebel Yell” that is outstanding. Gwynne was also on the Joe Rogan podcast if you’re interested, it was a good listen.

Comment

im still working, but OT has cut back so I still have a ton of time off. with kids being out of school, and wife not working it has been nice to spend lots of time with the family. (a lot of my time off is during the week while everyone else is at school or work) I have caught a ton of fish, we planted the garden as a family, and weed the garden daily as a family, built fence ive been needing to build for almost a year, put a hot wire around the bottom of dog fence, finally got around to painting wifes porch furniture and drink coffee on the porch in it almost daily, spent a week at the lake, a week in port Mansfield, been frogging with the kids a few times, and who knows what im forgetting. we've basically stayed busy doing fun stuff and not really worried much about what we cant change. I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

I see a lot of people talking to God more nowadays.

Comment

Still doing 40hrs a week at work

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                        im still working, but OT has cut back so I still have a ton of time off. with kids being out of school, and wife not working it has been nice to spend lots of time with the family. (a lot of my time off is during the week while everyone else is at school or work) I have caught a ton of fish, we planted the garden as a family, and weed the garden daily as a family, built fence ive been needing to build for almost a year, put a hot wire around the bottom of dog fence, finally got around to painting wifes porch furniture and drink coffee on the porch in it almost daily, spent a week at the lake, a week in port Mansfield, been frogging with the kids a few times, and who knows what im forgetting. we've basically stayed busy doing fun stuff and not really worried much about what we cant change. I have thoroughly enjoyed it.
                        That’s good bro. Thx for sharing. It’s nice to hear the positive. Have a good Sunday.

Comment

This is a very good positive thread. Thanks for posting it, very much needed. Myself spending time isolated in our rural setting with plenty of chores to keep me busy. Getting quality time in with my partner for life, achieved 37 years on April 2nd (thanks to her lol).

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                            I learned that my normal work from home life was referred to as quarantine by most normal folks. Lol... I routinely wouldn't leave the house until I went fishing or hunting so everything still feels pretty normal for me.
                            Haha, me too. Been telling everyone "see, I was the one living the right way the whole time". I dont work in the house ( thank God ) but my shop is on my home property and we are a bit out in the woods. I am working normal hours, though I am nearly out of work and expect to be twiddling my thumbs before the end of the week.

When I do have to deliver parts or pick up material Im enjoying the lack of traffic. I do miss eating out.

Comment

Us military folks know this game all to well, we have cerfews, we see the same folks day in and down, items are always out of stock, people make the day to day worse than it really is. Then when its all over its all over we revert back to the simple beings we are...fat and happy with everything at our finger tips. 2.5yrs total away from family serving the nation makes you realize not to take anything for granted and dont trust a fart or pass up a **** stop.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
                                Finally sat down and read "Empire of the Summer Moon" and liked it so much, I've picked reading back up again.
                                I just finished it last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X