Tipping At Restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tipping At Restaurants

First I always leave a tip. I even tip the bus person at cafeterias or establishments like Jason’s Deli. Yesterday I had lunch at Mexican restaurant and when I was paying my bill I noticed a tip jar at the register. Written on the jar was “Tips for Cashier”. This is the first time to ever see this. Does anyone leave a tip for the cashier? I didn’t, but maybe I’m wrong.

Tipping is out of control in this country

Comment

I'll leave a tip with the cashier if Im picking up food to go because its likely split with the cooks but if the jar specifically said "tips for the cashier" I would be less likely. You didn't provide a service to me, you just ran my card.

Comment

if they are friendly and I like them i'll leave my change; now my waitress/person I tip them well.

Comment

I am a horrible tipper. I usually always have my wife pay because of that.

Comment

Keep walking.

Comment

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
              First I always leave a tip. I even tip the bus person at cafeterias or establishments like Jason’s Deli. Yesterday I had lunch at Mexican restaurant and when I was paying my bill I noticed a tip jar at the register. Written on the jar was “Tips for Cashier”. This is the first time to ever see this. Does anyone leave a tip for the cashier? I didn’t, but maybe I’m wrong.
              I do half if they are friendly and helpful. Everyone could use a little bit extra these days.
              Last edited by Smell the Glove; 08-01-2020, 09:05 PM.

Comment

I agree with leaving a tip for the cashier if food was carry out. I just have a problem leaving one for a person that is taking my payment

Comment

Folks have learned stick a tip jar anywhere and folks will put money in it.

I don't carry cash so that jar isn't getting anything from me.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
                    I am a horrible tipper. I usually always have my wife pay because of that.
                    Me too! I'll give them my card but my wife takes over after that. I tip what I think they deserve and usually very well. When I get bad service they get a bad tip not what is recomended or expected! I dont think I would ever tip a cashier unless she did something extra to deserve one.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                      I do half if they are friendly and helpful. Everyone could use a little bit extra these days.
                      hey, we actually agree on something.

Comment

i don't tip when doing a to go order unless the person i interface with directly goes above and beyond somehow. it used to be a big sticking point with my fiancee and I but we just agreed to disagree. she kept saying stuff about how the to go people were paid like waiters and waitresses, and apparently "how's that my problem or responsibility? sounds like an issue between them and their employer" is not the correct answer.

Comment

Folks have learned stick a tip jar anywhere and folks will put money in it.
                          Thats why I always take a tip jar in with me when I got sit at a bar and sit it in front of me. I normally get a free hunting trip each year out of it

Comment

I never have cash so that's a big no for me. We have a great taco truck at a gas station near me and i always pay with my card. There isn't even an option to leave a tip but i would because they are super friendly and very fast.

Comment

I tipped ten bucks on a donut this morning.

Didn’t change my day in the least, but it may have helped hers.

Comment

Working...
                              X